2023 UEV-14

WillySwan posted how he did a bike rack using a vertical receiver on the crossbar. A little cutting and welding gets a cool solution that sits the bikes over the tongue box. Might at least get the juices flowing. Here's the post with pics:

Thanks for this. I might look at this as an option since it allows the rack to taken off and attached to the tow vehicle.

rehammer81

For the cost of the UEV-14 they should not be specing it with a PWM solar controller and AGM batteries. That's annoying. They should at least give you 150-200ah of lithium instead of the 300ah of AGM and the MPPT solar controller.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

For the cost of the UEV-14 they should not be specing it with a PWM solar controller and AGM batteries. That's annoying. They should at least give you 150-200ah of lithium instead of the 300ah of AGM and the MPPT solar controller.

Agreed. Everything else about the UEV 14 fit what we wanted.

rehammer81

Agreed. Everything else about the UEV 14 fit what we wanted.
I get it. I have yet to find the perfect trailer that checks every one of my boxes including perceived reasonable cost. Eventually you just have to pull the trigger on the closest fit I guess or you'll never get to go play. If you are fortunate enough you might have the means and/or know-how to remedy any shortcomings.

Quick post to report how much we are enjoying our Conqueror UEV-14. Our '06 Tacoma 4x4 with factory tow package pulls it just fine up, down, and all around. No sway and it feels solid. The only complaint is the gas mileage - 10 mpg, but we knew this going in.

ROA has been good to work with and their follow-up technical support line has been responsive. It appears they actually care, even after the sale (thanks Sam!).

It's not perfect, but for us, it's close. Some issues/observations:

1. The skylight over the dinette leaks with a strong rain or melting snow. ROA asked if DIY was okay and then sent me caulk (Sam even asked if I needed a caulk gun).
  2. We only have maybe 30 seconds of hot enough water for a shower. We need to swap in a low flow shower head.
  3. We are enjoying the outside kitchen much more than we thought. However, I bought an induction cooktop for inside cooking and we bring in the collapsable sink for cleanup. This has been nice on really cold and/or wet days.
  4. The dinette is the BEST! We love the large size of the table and the openness of the area. Many dinette areas in other campers felt really cramped.

gendlert

Quick post to report how much we are enjoying our Conqueror UEV-14. Our '06 Tacoma 4x4 with factory tow package pulls it just fine up, down, and all around. No sway and it feels solid. The only complaint is the gas mileage - 10 mpg, but we knew this going in.

ROA has been good to work with and their follow-up technical support line has been responsive. It appears they actually care, even after the sale (thanks Sam!).

1. The skylight over the dinette leaks with a strong rain or melting snow. ROA asked if DIY was okay and then sent me caulk (Sam even asked if I needed a caulk gun).
  2. We only have maybe 30 seconds of hot enough water for a shower. We need to swap in a low flow shower head.
  3. We are enjoying the outside kitchen much more than we thought. However, I bought an induction cooktop for inside cooking and we bring in the collapsable sink for cleanup. This has been nice on really cold and/or wet days.
  4. The dinette is the BEST! We love the large size of the table and the openness of the area. Many dinette areas in other campers felt really cramped.
I also had a leaky skylight on my Dweller, and caulk fixed it, but I recommend only raising one side of the pop top so you have a slope in wet/snowy weather. Then nothing is sitting up there. I think that would work for the UEV, too.

What water heater do you have? The Truma Combi takes a while to heat up a tank (we wait 30 mins or so) before we have water enough for a shower. Does yours have a flash heater or something that isn't working properly?

Everyone should enjoy their trailer. Glad it's working for you!

Gendlert,
The UEV-14 USA comes with the Truma Combi Eco. ROA says it should have 2.5 mins of hot water, but we are only getting about 30 secs.

Thanks for sharing! glad it's been a good fit and helpful to hear your midsize pickup does just fine towing it. Did you end up with the 2023 gen 2 style or the 2022 gen 1 style?

Update on the shower head and duration of hot water. I replaced the stock shower head with an Oxygenics Fury. I let the Truma Combi Eco heat up for 45-60 mins. in boost mode and then got hot water for 2:40 and used about 3.5 - 4 gallons. The stock hose fitting did not fit the Fury but a visit to the hardware store fixed that. Much better now.

Treefarmer1

Watched the recent live chat vid by ROA.

I admididly fast forward thru it but I believe he referenced issues with the Conqueror s.

Did I get that right? What's going on?
I haven't watched any ROA stuff in a while. The last time I watched an ROA video about the Conquerors, they were described as the "highest quality military grade". I guess the military grade isn't what it used to be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan