2023 UEV-14

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I know I need to stop. It's like rubber necking while driving by a car accident 😉

I went back and watched it again. OBI is jacking ROA on warranty stuff. After all those units ROA bought and OBI burns them. I actually feel bad for roamers who can't fix stuff them selves

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I know I need to stop. It's like rubber necking while driving by a car accident 😉

I went back and watched it again. OBI is jacking ROA on warranty stuff. After all those units ROA bought and OBI burns them. I actually feel bad for roamers who can't fix stuff them selves
No surprise. The brand name will be killed and a new one will surface selling a similar trailer under another name

In OBI Conqueror website they don't even list any Conquerors just Dwellers. If you click " Inventory " a 2024 Conqueror UEV 19 is first on list but no other models. I get the feeling they are just turning the 2023 ir 2022 UEV 19 into a 2024 model.

Treefarmer1

Unfortunately, ROA constantly touts its service and lifestyle events after the sale, so they most likely primarily attract a customer who needs/wants a lot hand holding.

Unfortunately, ROA constantly touts its service and lifestyle events after the sale, so they most likely primarily attract a customer who needs/wants a lot hand holding.
I respectfully disagree with this statement. Our UEV-14 anniversary will be the first week in January. We've had a few issues with our trailer that ROA tech support has been good at supporting. I don't shy away from DIY but it's also nice to have their tech support to check in on when needed. They have been very responsive and continue to be almost a year out from the sale. The issues we've dealt with have been minor but annoying:
1. Leaking skylight - fixed with caulk
2. Broken main door lock - ordered a new one from AUS; shipping was almost as much as the lock itself. I took apart the original thinking I could fix it.
3. Adjust the color of the Airbag Man gauge color. Currently it cycles through a few colors, some impossible to see in sunlight.

Tires! Tires! Tires!

With the super beefy stock tires, my wife and I are wondering if swapping them out for something off-road capable but lighter with less aggressive tread would improve gas mileage. We are thinking of taking a 6,000 mile road trip with lots of asphalt and only some FS/BLM dispersed camping this time. If we got just 2 mi/gal. better fuel economy, we calculated about a $300 cost saving at current gas prices. Are we nuts? Would we be disappointed in the ground clearance? Any other issues this might create?

Treefarmer1

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Our UEV-14 anniversary will be the first week in January. We've had a few issues with our trailer that ROA tech support has been good at supporting. I don't shy away from DIY but it's also nice to have their tech support to check in on when needed. They have been very responsive and continue to be almost a year out from the sale. The issues we've dealt with have been minor but annoying:
2. Broken main door lock - ordered a new one from AUS; shipping was almost as much as the lock itself. I took apart the original thinking I could fix it.
3. Adjust the color of the Airbag Man gauge color. Currently it cycles through a few colors, some impossible to see in sunlight.
Just those three repairs you mention are probably beyond the capability, interest, or time availability of 90+% of RV'ers. 🙂 The solution for most would be to drop off the trailer at a shop to have the repairs done.

Last edited:

I am happy to hear they are taking care of you. Just curious why Shane made the comment about the Conqueror having so many issues and it doesn't look like OBI even lists any new Conqueror models other then the 19 on thier website. Shane seemed very frustrated with them. I like the general design of the Conqueror.

gendlert

Bro, I feel like you need to do a TedTalk about the crimes OBI has committed against humanity. #wedeservetoknow

Bro, I feel like you need to do a TedTalk about the crimes OBI has committed against humanity. #wedeservetoknow
Like I have said before thier are lots of 2022/2023 Dwellers and I assume conqueror being sold for incredibly low prices. I believe you can pick a Dweller 13 up for what imperial outdoors charges for thier upgraded solar and Lithium packages alone. I feel if you can deal with no warranty thats the best deal in an off road trailer in Noth America. When the 2022/2023 dry up would you and your bud cowboy advice a friend to contact OBI on buying a new 2024 Friendly Addition Dweller 15 or Conqueror 19? I asked for a price but no one responded. Wonder if thier is a down payment? Wonder about lead time?

I recently wrapped the outside water lines with pipe insulation and all three water tanks with reflective bubble wrap. I also added a DIY battery bank warming system (5x 105Ah Lion Energy LiFePo).

I failed to realize the Renogy inverter/charger needs to be ON to charge the battery bank! I thought it had a bypass for this function when plugged into shore power. They had gotten low in it's first winter here in western Oregon with no significant solar input due to grey skies. During a cold snap, I then discovered I couldn't charge them. Now I have 5 small heating pads stuck to a sheet metal base underneath the battery bank. The pads are wired to a temperature controller set to come on at 42 deg and off at 50. There is a master switch for this system behind the TV. So far so good.

Has anyone wired in a DCDC charger to their UEV-14 (USA)?

Does the Anderson plug on the tongue go directly to the Anderson plug labelled 'DCDC' in the space behind the control panel?

If so, what's the purpose of the Anderson plug inside the pull-out kitchen storage area?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior