2024 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Looks great! I've always liked the Casitas.

I'm very envious of your trailer garage/carport thing.

Thanks, it's just a boat storage rental. I have a few of them in that facility, this one houses the camper and motorcycle trailer along with a few kayaks and hitch mounted items. It's nice to have your stuff out of the elements completely and away from prying eyes. There's electrical hook-ups in there and motion sensor lights as well.

My grandpa would live out of a 13’ scamp when doing road construction out of state. He towed it with a diesel vw rabbit. I guess he was pretty frugal.

He sounds like someone I'd like haha. What a sweet and simple setup.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Thanks, it's just a boat storage rental. I have a few of them in that facility, this one houses the camper and motorcycle trailer along with a few kayaks and hitch mounted items. It's nice to have your stuff out of the elements completely and away from prying eyes. There's electrical hook-ups in there and motion sensor lights as well.
Ah, gotcha. Still nice to have! Local RV/trailer storage places are all uncovered, unprotected; no different from having the trailer sit in my driveway.

How's the Tremor treating you? We still have your seat at Mud all warmed up and ready to go should you ever want it ;)

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Ah, gotcha. Still nice to have! Local RV/trailer storage places are all uncovered, unprotected; no different from having the trailer sit in my driveway.

How's the Tremor treating you? We still have your seat at Mud all warmed up and ready to go should you ever want it ;)

Yea, the open air RV slots are damn near worthless to me. The Tremor is great, definitely serves the purpose I bought it for but not as nice of a daily. There will be another Cruiser in the garage in time, just have to see what exactly that will be haha. I still check in over there from time to time.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The first night in the camper was a success! We went to a local lake RV park so nothing too exciting but it was a pleasant experience. We realized a few things/items we overlooked as well as some stuff we already want to change and/or add. At this moment I have to say that I am extremely happy with the camper and look forward to future trips, especially remote boon docking trips. And in true Seinfeld fan style I had to properly christen the rig by watching Seinfeld in bed lol.

10gnMqL.jpg

alia176

Explorer
Congrats on the purchase, such a sweet trailer. I've been camping in my GF's 2014 17' Casita for a short while and it's always a pleasure. Some improvements were made along the way by me that makes this camper so much more enjoyable. Once she has the dough, she'll spring for the shock kit to control the body sway and the bouncy bouncy!!! I do need to lower it from 4" to a 2" lift.

We are exclusively boondockers so we don't use the A/C or haul around a genie. I installed a Vevor diesel heater in the closet and piped the heat to come out into the bathroom. I tell you what, that has to be the single best upgrade that's been done to this trailer. Nothing like going for morning bathroom action with a toasty floor and a toasty toilet!!!

I also added a real 2" hitch receiver for carrying out MTBs. Do NOT use that square tubing that holds the sewer drain hose for a receiver, even though they sell one just for it.

Enjoy it!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Congrats on the purchase, such a sweet trailer. I've been camping in my GF's 2014 17' Casita for a short while and it's always a pleasure. Some improvements were made along the way by me that makes this camper so much more enjoyable. Once she has the dough, she'll spring for the shock kit to control the body sway and the bouncy bouncy!!! I do need to lower it from 4" to a 2" lift.

We are exclusively boondockers so we don't use the A/C or haul around a genie. I installed a Vevor diesel heater in the closet and piped the heat to come out into the bathroom. I tell you what, that has to be the single best upgrade that's been done to this trailer. Nothing like going for morning bathroom action with a toasty floor and a toasty toilet!!!

I also added a real 2" hitch receiver for carrying out MTBs. Do NOT use that square tubing that holds the sewer drain hose for a receiver, even though they sell one just for it.

Enjoy it!

I bet it’s just time for her to replace the torsion axle, they wear out in 5-8 years. The shock kits aren’t bad but I don’t like how they rest the upper tower inside of the wheel well. A furnace/heater is a must, I agree! So far we are extremely happy with ours. Enjoy your GF’s Casita!!!

As a replacement or an addition?

Addition, the GX is our long term mileage mule, best of the best of that platform and I need the truck to tow. Third vehicle is up next.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Thinking new 2024+ Land Cruiser / GX550 or LC200 again?

It's been what, over 6 months since you've bought a vehicle? That itch must need to be scratched soon, lol

No, the new “Land Cruiser” is hideous and insulting with its awful front end and four banger at $69K. The wife is holding out for year two on the new GX550 Overtrail Plus but odds are late next year before you can get your hands on one without an ADM and at $83K they are pricey for the segment. We are going to see/drive a Grenadier later this week but it has its own set of issues and is IMHO overpriced as well.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had to take a few things to the camper before next weekends outing. Since the local weather didn't play nice for this weekends trip I just hung out in there for a minute admiring how much more space I have in this setup than in previous campers/trailers. It's a small trailer in the grand scheme of things but it's big by our standards haha. I went ahead and converted the little side dinette to a sleeper just to see how much room there is for an average sized adult should we ever need to sleep someone there. I think for anyone under six foot it'll work just fine.

DSvDZXx.jpg

jrzfZY2.jpg

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
I've had that same Milwaukee vacuum for about ~8 years - it's a trooper. Mine is finally starting to go out (shutting off randomly mid-use), but I'm not 100% sure whether it's the vacuum or the (much newer) battery. I use mine on a daily basis to clean out the trailer (when working in it), and even vacuum out the pellet grill smoker after each use. It also does a great job sucking up black widow spiders in my garage. Very handy to have!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I've had that same Milwaukee vacuum for about ~8 years - it's a trooper. Mine is finally starting to go out (shutting off randomly mid-use), but I'm not 100% sure whether it's the vacuum or the (much newer) battery. I use mine on a daily basis to clean out the trailer (when working in it), and even vacuum out the pellet grill smoker after each use. It also does a great job sucking up black widow spiders in my garage. Very handy to have!

If I can get that kind of life out of it I’ll be a happy camper, no pun intended.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I can't recall, are up changing out the mattress?
I've yet to find an RV that has a decent one from the factory.
If it's not already part of your plan, add it to your list or look at a memory foam gel mattress topper. Your back will thank you.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I can't recall, are up changing out the mattress?
I've yet to find an RV that has a decent one from the factory.
If it's not already part of your plan, add it to your list or look at a memory foam gel mattress topper. Your back will thank you.

Yea we moved to a memory foam before we ever even slept in it. We have three nights in there now and we have zero complaints in regards to comfort and our sleep. I'll do three more nights this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior