2024 F150

Jurfie

Adventurer
Or like this if you have a camper on it:

View attachment 803357

Pretty sure how that's how me and my sister rode when we went camping. Don't think that's legal anymore....
My brother and I did that! My parents had a 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT SuperCab with a slide-in Vanguard camper that we grew up camping in. I distinctly remember crawling through the back slider window of the truck and through the sliding window of the camper to go back and forth on long road trips. Sometimes we’d lay out on the rear bench of the truck listening to my parents’ 8-tracks playing “I spy with my little eye…” or Punch Buggy, and sometimes we’d lay up on the camper bed over the cab, reading comics or watching the scenery go by like the kids in the photo above.

It was definitely post-mandated seatbelts. 😏

I have fond memories of that truck! My dad had the spare on the front bumper, and I remember one trip we were following family friends who had a slide-in on a Dodge Ram. My dad would randomly shout out ”RAM DODGE! RAM DODGE!” and speed up to bump them from behind. Probably not the safest thing to do, but it was the ‘80s so people were a different breed back then. 🤣🤣

Seems like the new 302A is a downgrade for me. My current truck is an '22 XLT 302A supercrew 6.5 bed with sport pkg.
Can't get the sport pkg with 6.5 bed now and I'm not a fan of chrome.
Also looks like XLT no longer has the LED running lights which I like on mine as I drive a lot of highway.
And...my 360 cameras..... are now a SUBSCRIPTION??? No thank you!
Plus mine has the bedview cam which I believe was deleted for '23.
If Ford keeps that up my next truck will either be a GM, Ram or Toyota.

View attachment 796300
View attachment 796301
So if you are going to have to pay a subscription to use cameras, heated seats, etc, does that mean that everything is indefinitely covered under warranty? This whole "monetize" hardware non-sense needs to stop. Sorry, rant off.

jaywo

Unfortunately neither the Tremor nor the 2024 Lariat can be had with the 2.7. Also impossible to find a 2.7 lariat 2023 in my area. They are all 3.5 or 3.5 hybrid.
Loving the 2.7 on my Bronco. Currently deciding which camping rig but depending on that we could end up with a F-150 and I would consider getting a 2023 Tremor cause the 2024 is too expensive (11K high package). Sad to have to pay more and burn gas for no reason with the 3.5 if you don’t need the power.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
My son's Sasquatch Bronco, 2.7 turbo I think, has more zip than my 5.0, I was impressed by that four banger. But, I wouldn't take a Bronco over my F 150, 22 SCAB, 6' box that includes a gas tank under the bed. I got an XL and had remote start added

As to some monthly subscription, like for heated seats (totally nuts), can't believe people are that stupid. What do you do to pay for that, have an auto pay through your bank? I can't see using a credit card that I'd need to write a monthly check to pay it off to avoid interest, or sit down and write a check for my heated seats, especially in July.

Not mentioned is the fact that a SCAB is better than a SCREW off road, it's less likely to high center and turns better in tight spots. The SCAB simply slides off to one side while a SCREW lasts leaving you stranded. Besides, my SCAB can carry more than any SCREW.

When we go to our rallies in the Ozark hills, firewood has already been collected for the site so there is no need to haul in more firewood, which leaves more room for sheets and torches.

Dougnuts

Unfortunately neither the Tremor nor the 2024 Lariat can be had with the 2.7. Also impossible to find a 2.7 lariat 2023 in my area. They are all 3.5 or 3.5 hybrid.
Loving the 2.7 on my Bronco. Currently deciding which camping rig but depending on that we could end up with a F-150 and I would consider getting a 2023 Tremor cause the 2024 is too expensive (11K high package). Sad to have to pay more and burn gas for no reason with the 3.5 if you don’t need the power.
You had better hurry, the 2023 Tremors are on sale right now. I may pick up one this week. Although I'd like to get a 24, my wallet is saying to get a 23 with $5-8k off and good rates.

I had the 3.5 in my 2018 and thought the mileage was fantastic.

jaywo

You had better hurry, the 2023 Tremors are on sale right now. I may pick up one this week. Although I'd like to get a 24, my wallet is saying to get a 23 with $5-8k off and good rates.

I had the 3.5 in my 2018 and thought the mileage was fantastic.
8K off sounds great but my dealer can get me only $4K off, and he would do the same discount on a 2024 order

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
My son's Sasquatch Bronco, 2.7 turbo I think, has more zip than my 5.0, I was impressed by that four banger. But, I wouldn't take a Bronco over my F 150, 22 SCAB, 6' box that includes a gas tank under the bed. I got an XL and had remote start added

As to some monthly subscription, like for heated seats (totally nuts), can't believe people are that stupid. What do you do to pay for that, have an auto pay through your bank? I can't see using a credit card that I'd need to write a monthly check to pay it off to avoid interest, or sit down and write a check for my heated seats, especially in July.

Not mentioned is the fact that a SCAB is better than a SCREW off road, it's less likely to high center and turns better in tight spots. The SCAB simply slides off to one side while a SCREW lasts leaving you stranded. Besides, my SCAB can carry more than any SCREW.

When we go to our rallies in the Ozark hills, firewood has already been collected for the site so there is no need to haul in more firewood, which leaves more room for sheets and torches.
2.7 is a V6 ;)

SCAB and SCREW (5.5' box) have the same wheelbase of 145" so should perform the same off road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears