235/85/16 tires...

XJxplorer

Adventurer
The tires measure out to 31.7x9.3x16, are these to narrow to mount to a 16x8 wheel?? I would like to go with a 16x7 but cant find any that interest me, really.. Thanks,

Mike

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
235/85/16 Minimum rim width is 6", Max is 7". Recommended width is 6.5".

I suspect you'd have a difficult time keeping the tire on a 8" rim in off-highway conditions. With reduced air pressure it'd roll right off the bead. Personally if I was gonna run a tall skinny like that, I'd opt for the 6" rim to help keep the bead tight.

Mark

Scott Brady

Founder
Check out the Outback TX-1

It is available in the US now. I have a set of 16x7 on my Tacoma now.

HDJ%20100%20TOYOTA.JPG

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
XJxplorer said:
The tires measure out to 31.7x9.3x16, are these to narrow to mount to a 16x8 wheel?? I would like to go with a 16x7 but cant find any that interest me, really.. Thanks,

Mike
8 inche wheel is a little wide for them. Thats the stock size tire for my 3/4 ton burb but the stock rim was 16x6.5. I replaced the wheels with a set of mags becasue they were warped from brake heat (steel rims) and went with a 16x8. Guys almost couldn't get the tires to seat and they wore odd and made it handle odd.

I went up to a 265x75 16 that is nearly the same diameter but fit the 8 inch rim.

Scott Brady

Founder
slooowr6 said:
Scott,
Any idea on the weight of the rim and back spacing?
Thx
Alex

They are extremely light. Around 18 pounds per wheel for the 16x7. I think the BS is 100 mm (about 4").

I can check.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Scott i really like those wheels! I've been looking for something different.. something that hardly anyone runs and knows about.. this looks like it may be the ticket! Thanks for posting them up!

articulate

Expedition Leader
SOCALFJ said:
I've been looking for something different.. something that hardly anyone runs and knows about.. this looks like it may be the ticket! Thanks for posting them up!
Those wheels won't be unique for much longer now, bro. :)
When Scott talks about something on his truck, guess what everyone else dashes out the door to buy?

slooowr6

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
They are extremely light. Around 18 pounds per wheel for the 16x7. I think the BS is 100 mm (about 4").

I can check.

Thanks, please check the BS. 4" is too little for me.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
articulate said:
Those wheels won't be unique for much longer now, bro. :)
When Scott talks about something on his truck, guess what everyone else dashes out the door to buy?

No kidding huh LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78