37 on stock quigley

cjken

Explorer
35x12.5 r17

Had 37’s (military surplus) for a while, but they were too noisy on the highway.
35’s are a better fit do not have to trim the fenders as much.

Chkn4130

So the road noise of the military tires gets to me on long trips.
I've run them across country and on many smaller trips successfully, but it's time for a change. They are so heavy I actually had a hard time lifting the tire into the truck when I changed tire recently. (Maybe I'm just weak)
I'm gonna try something different
I could not find a more road orientated tire in a 16.5 so I am swapping hubs and going to try running a 17 in rim and some 35's

View attachment 307107
View attachment 307105
View attachment 307106

Put the little stock tires on till the 35's come in.
Looks strange with the small tires!
View attachment 307108
What hub do you need to covert to single rear wheel?

cjken

Explorer
So I changed the front to SRW front hubs.
I found some on EBay a while back.
I think I posted a picture of them somewhere way back in this thread.

There is another ambulance thread that has some info as well. I’ll try to find it.
FDM2012 is the person on here.

Chkn4130

Thinking of going with 32" tires and 17" rims. So I don't need to trim the front wheel well and bumper. Believe the truck has a 4" lift from quigley.

cjken

Explorer
Thinking of going with 32" tires and 17" rims. So I don't need to trim the front wheel well and bumper. Believe the truck has a 4" lift from quigley.

You should be able to go up to 33” by only trimming a small bit of the plastic lower part of the front bumper.

I like my current combination 35” 4:10 gearing 7.3 psd

Mine is Quigley with Agile RIP kit.
About 4-5” of lift over stock 2wd van.

Chkn4130

My rear leafs are spent. Wonder if that will effect the clearance in the rear. Plan is to change the rear leafs and front hubs to except the tire and wheel combo.

cjken

Explorer
My rear springs are not in the best shape, but no clearance troubles, and I like the way it rides so don’t want to mess with it until I have to.
The only thing on the front hubs....
If you want to retain the ABS you need to have them machined slightly to accept the ABS tone rings. Just be aware of that.

cjken

Explorer
Not much new, but just thought I’d post a update.
Looking to get trailer registered soon, have to finish up a few things then get it inspected and weighed since it is a custom trailer.

Plan to unwrap ambulance and get it registered as an RV before spring time.
Plan to paint or wrap both the truck and trailer the same color at some point as well. Maybe a grey is color.

Hopefully switching to camper/RV registration and getting trailer through DMV in NYS will not be too much of a problem.

9470b0015f86b90d66b525a60bcc2daf.jpg

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Not right now. Not 100% sure of the direction of trailer, but have some ideas.

Got truck re-registered as RV today.
Need to unwrap before driving since it is now considered personal/passenger.

Time to fire up the propane torch &/or heat gun. :D

No reason to unwrap... personal vehicles can have advertising on them. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears