83 Suburban 6.2 Project

bftank

Explorer
didn't put two and two together until i looked at the first post and pictures of the burb, but i think subconciously you called it the bacon mobile because its the same color as bacon:wings::drool:

looks like it might be a muddy camping trip next weekend. i'm excited:victory:

and where are those bumper pics already geesh!

bfdiesel

Explorer
Here are the bumper project pictures :bowdown:

It is a free bumper a friend gave me and I have been reconstructing it. It started out being off of a 77' chevy plow truck. I cut off the mounts and moved them down to lift the bumper up higher then angled in the ends, also some receiver tubing was added for a winch mount.

I took the winch I had on the Duramax I sold and built a mount for it to slide into the receiver tube on the front of the bumper.

Next ( when I find time ) I will put a guard out around each headlight and another upright beside the headlights. I am also going to cut off the ends inline with the body and cap them.
Library - 3245.jpg
Library - 3242.jpg
Library - 3241.jpg
Library - 3244.jpg
Library - 3243.jpg

Last edited:

dieselfuel

Adventurer
nice suburban and beautiful scenery youve got there. i've got an 89 gmc sub thats under construction right now. being a diesel fanatic, i do kinda wish mine had a 6.2 in it but oh well. i'll work with what ive got. probably end up with a 383 stroker.

anyway, nice rig man, looking forward to more photos and progress. oh and ORD does make some awesome stuff for these old trucks.

bftank

Explorer
looks like you gained some ground clearance with the new bumper. any idea as to how much?

looks like a good start!

you know now that you have the beef hanging on the front you could park the burb at the top of the drive and the compass at the bottom and test the ebrake:bike_rider:

xpndbl3

Adventurer
Cut off the lower part of each fender below the marker lights, then cut the bumper tubes at an angle up to the end caps, this will gain you a little more ground clearance when you cap the ends off, try to remove 1.5-2" total height by the time you reach the ends, like most aftermarket bumpers are. Then just weld the bottoms back up and cap off the ends. Just my .02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12