94 Grand Cherokee questions

dport

Adventurer
Look what I found for free-nintey-free. Going to have to fill up all those switches for mall crawler status! 20160615_174707.jpg

dport

Adventurer
Should be picking these up Sunday for $200.I have these in 265/75-16 on our 4runner and have been satisfied with them.00505_4gaUHUFJzDu_600x450.jpg 00j0j_kQgW5I5Z15v_600x450.jpg

dport

Adventurer
IMG_2092.jpg decides to prank the wife and daughter. Drove the jeep onto the little retaining wall, set the brake, and had my 6yo son slip into the driver's seat. I got out and started yelling "whoa, stop!" We thought they were on the back porch for this, but they had gone inside. So, I sent my son in acting like he was crying and upset. He told my wife that he "accidentally put the jeep in go". She came running outside, only not to see me. So, she ran around the corner of the driveway to see if he had ran me over. I was on the backside of the house waiting. ********. She has many more years of torture from us.

dport

Adventurer
I got the BFG's yesterday. Purchased, mounted, and balanced for $228! They looked to be in pretty fair shape, with plenty of life left. On had a little outside wear, but should wear itself back even. I've put over 350 miles on the jeep, since the a/c quit working in my daily driver. I think the death wobble may be creeping up on me. I can feel a little give in the front end when turning at slow speeds, and hear a small clunk. Also get side to side swaying when driving down the road, as well as side to side jarring if I hit bumps 40mph+. Probably need to tighten the steering box, and then start replacing bushing in the front. I've been eyeballing quick disconnects.......

Mitch502

Explorer
Quick discos are good if you want to off road with it some. Check the motor mounts...4.0's are known for going bad and can cause clunking and jarring. Same with the trans mount. You should have u-joint front axles...they can also cause clicking, specifically when turning. Similar to wheel bearings...or it could be your wheel bearings :)

A lot of things to check on a Jeep with 200k+ miles, but I'm still convinced you'll enjoy it.

dport

Adventurer
I'm enjoying driving it. I like having older vehicles, guess it makes me think of days gone by. My bro-in-law had a 2wd the same color when I met him and his wife while I was in the Marine Corps. That's how I met my wife. So, this brings back a lot of good memories when him and I spent 40-100 hours a week together before I met his little sister. Lots of memories, good and bad. I road in his to the base with my wife the day I left for Iraq in Feb 03. He drove because she didn't think she would be able to.

Mitch502

Explorer
Every time I get in mine I think of all the times when I was 17 in my first ZJ with my now wife also, lol. Sounds like an Eric Church song...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger