95 2 Door Tahoe SAS project

biglos454

Adventurer
now thats my kind of axle! Looks good. cant wait to see it under your front end. and there is no such thing as "too much" drive train. the stronger the better.

man i cant wait until im the proud owner of a Dana 60 and corporate 14 bolt lol

wrench-head

Observer
Actually not much to update. Been on the road for work since I got back from vacation in June. Heads for the 489 are in. Working on the front suspension to improve the up travel some, nothing major. The engine is a while out. Waiting on a few additional parts and time.

TKSC01

Adventurer
Supreme!

Supreme my friend nicely done and a bonus showing how amazing Colorado is! WIN-WIN-WIN

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I really like the look of your Tahoe, Wrench. Just curious, why did you go with a 10 leaf pack up front, and only a 5 leaf pack in the rear? Maybe because you knew you would be adding a big block?:ylsmoke:

wrench-head

Observer
Drivetrain Revision 2

Well it has been a while since i posted updates but a lot of progress happened recently. The truck got a new engine, transmission, and dual transfer cases.
The engine is the 489" big block still fed by TBI and a custom tune. The transmission is a freshly rebuilt NV4500 to replace the first one. The transfer cases are the Offroad Design Doubler comprised of a GM 32 spline 203 range box and a Ford 31 spline 205 for the drivers drop axle. I installed hydroboost a while back and that has been an amazing mod for stopping power. The engine was installed with as many new GM parts as possible. I wanted a stock appearance and reliability. The engine went in with new accessories, hoses, fan, radiator, auxiliary cooling fan, engine oil cooler, power steering cooler, engine block heater, and more I have already forgotten. Any ways onto some pics.

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01399.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

blaz

Adventurer
:drool:

Thank you for keeping the standard trans. :smiley_drive: There seem to be fewer and fewer of them left.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Looks great! Very clean transplant Alex. I wouldn’t expect anything less from you. Can’t wait to hear how the swap went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan