97 40th Anniv. Locked Mall Rig "What next?"

womacje

Adventurer
Holy rear spring compression! I'd say its time for some heavies!!! I'm running the heavies, now. I love em. Stink bugs when I'm not carrying the "appropriate" amount of gear. Looking great! Saw a couple great shots in the Overland Journal, well done.

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Thanks Hugh! Now go and order that OME lift kit with 864's in the rear for me and 4 new Nitrocharger Sport shocks!! Lets install it next week. After the upgrades this week my rear end is a dragging......

When we were installing the rack and tent, we had to watch that no one stepped on the rear bumper while we were standing on the tires. The added weight would trap your feet in the wheel well. Being a flip flop kind of guy, that is pretty dangerous! The 864s will fix that in a flash.

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Update to our 80 Expedition Build!

O.K. guys it has been a while! We are about to cross over into Baja in 2 days and I thought I would update our build thread. It has been 3 months since we bought "Lucy" and a lot has changed.

1. First we added the Iron Man 2" lift and Foam Cell shocks from Eli at Camel 4x4. Eli is awesome to deal with and had the goods shipped to CO very quickly.

2. We went with the Iron Man Bull Bar Winch Bumper which went on perfectly and is very stout! It even has the tab for your 2 meter antenna mounted on the top of the bull bar. Once again Eli at Camel 4x4 was a pro to deal with.

3. Corbet at Speski Off-Road built us a sweet cargo barrier. Corbet was just down the road from us in Durango, CO. We will do a trip with Corbet next year I'm hoping!

4. Installed a Superwinch 09032 EP9.0 Series Master Winch on the new Iron Man Bull Bar for protection from the deer our west. Very inexpensive, but very good. This is the second one of these I have owned.

5. did the headlight upgrade to the Super Low Beams, WOW!

6. Installed a National Luna Portable Power Pack from Equipt Expedition Outfitters and put a Sears Die Hard Platinum Group 31 battery in it.

7. Installed a National Luna 50 Liter Split Fridge/Freeze in Stainless so we can now make our own ice no matter where we are. Also, had Adventure Trailer cut down 4 of their ice cube trays to fit.

8. Installed an Eezi-Awn 2.5 meter awning, this is something that we just cannot do without from Equipt.

9. Eezi-Awn 1600 T-Top with room from Equipt.

10. Front Runner Roof Rack from Equipt.

11. Front Runner Roof Rack mounted 40L water tank from Equipt.

12. Expedition One 4 gallon fuel tank mounted on the roof rack

13. complete cabinet system designed by Paul May and built by Paul and myself over 4 days in SLC. It includes 2 slide out drawers with 500lb. slides, Front Runner Fridge Slide with cabinet built over it and 2 clamshells that take the place of the 2 rear seats. All of this bolts into the factory holes and can be removed in minutes. Also, we can put one or both of our rear seats back in if needed. Our border collie Jackson really loves the new clamshell that is his bed!

14. Garmin 478, one of my new favorite things! It just works.....

15. Escape Gear seat covers from South Africa from Equipt Expedition Outfitters.

Here are a few pics with lots more to come from Baja.....

IMG_5720-web.jpg

IMG_5704-web.jpg

IMG_5670-web.jpg

IMG_5729.jpg

_MG_2873.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5580.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

2010-12-02131233-edit.jpg

2010-12-02122125-edit.jpg

2010-12-02121527-edit.jpg

Corbet

Observer
Ben,

I'm happy I was able to help with the barrier.

The storage solution, drawers and such look great. Can't wait to see it in person.

womacje

Adventurer
Looks fantastic! I've never heard of that suspension or the bullbar, not that I know all thing Cruiser... The storage system is totally Boss! Great work.

Corbett, sweet barrier.

Have fun down south, y'all!

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Replacing my Fridge Slide!

So after learning about the Tembo Tusk Fridge Slides at the Expo this spring I decided that I just had to have one! I was very impressed when I saw Jerry who is the owner of Tembo Tusk sitting on a fully extended and loaded fridge. The other cool thing is the cutting board option that you can get with the Tembo Tusk slides. The only bad thing about the install is going to be cutting the top off of my existing fridge box because the new slide is 1/2" higher then my old one.
With a few spare minutes yesterday we started the exchange here in Salt Lake City at Paul Mays house. The following pic's are us destroying my old drawer set to make the new slide work!:Wow1:

IMG_5575.jpg

Here is the drawer system as we finished them last year, almost too nice to cut up!

_MG_9138.jpg

I think Paul is enjoying this a little too much....

_MG_9144.jpg

_MG_9145.jpg

Once we got the drawers out which was fairly easy since we used factory holes in the floor to mount to we cut off the top and then bolted down the new Tembo Tusk Fridge Slide.

_MG_9147.jpg

Here the cutting board portion of the slide is extended, but the fridge slide portion is still in the truck. It is nice that you can pull out the cutting board without pulling out the entire fridge slide like when preparing lunch while on the road.

_MG_9148.jpg

Here the fridge slide is extended out as well as the cutting board portion. BTW, the cutting board will hold 150 pounds by itself!:Wow1:

Now off the Home Depot to get a new piece of wood for the top of the fridge box!

You can order the new Tembo Tusk Fridge Slides from us here at Equipt Expedition Outfitters if you are interested, just give us a call!:ylsmoke:

VanGo

Explorer
Ben-

Great work! Anyone who can handle a worm-drive saw (with precision, I did not see any guides) has my attention. Great re-build to house the Tembo-Tusk.

ssssnake529

Explorer
Hi there! I saw you at Kurt's place the other day (Cruiser Outfitters Kurt.) Nice vehicle. Love your storage set up.

Nigel Caffiene

Gentleman Scholar
Ben... you have to post pictures of Lucy now that you have up-dated the beautiful Cruiser! Yes, I just found your thread as well and enjoyed reading it.

Cheers mate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78