99' XJ: Slowly Going Down Under.

MCObray

Explorer
Nothing too exciting going with the Jeep. I have yet to fill it up this month... thanks to doing most of my commuting on a bicycle. Anywho, picked up some expo gear today!
securedownload-31.jpg

sdh281

It's been almost a month! Just sayin'. Updates!?!?
Seriously, I check my subscribed threads everyday praying you've posted. Stalker? Maybe.

MCObray

Explorer
It's been almost a month! Just sayin'. Updates!?!?
Seriously, I check my subscribed threads everyday praying you've posted. Stalker? Maybe.

Ha! It's nice to know people out there do in fact care. I've been dumping all my FUNd money on misc. gear (backpacks, sleeping bags, duffle bags, etc.) and more appropriate clothing for when I want to get out.

And oh yeah a few of these to capture the fun...
IMG_0362.jpg

I do need to replace my NSS and U-Joints here soon though. I am just waiting till Summer when I don't have school in the way.

MCObray

Explorer
noticed i havent seen you post up anything. hoping things are going well !

Things are going quite well as a matter of fact. I've got two weeks until school is out for the summer, so i'm really looking forward to that!

On another note, I have incurred some dental bills due to not maintaining my mouth... lesson learned there! So that, coupled with trying to save up for when I move out in August, has drastically slashed my Jeep FUNd quite a bit. If an +97 ARB Bull Bar for my XJ does pop up on CL, it's going to be really hard to resist.

As previously stated in the last post, I have got some general maintenance to take care of so i'm holding off till Summer time to do that. I must add that I am considering painting my wheels white once the sun becomes a little more consistent as well. One side of me though says RICE, and the other says EXPO! I'm leaning towards painting them white though... thoughts?

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I really liked when I had my wheels painted white. Got some good comments on them too. I personally think black wheels look RICE and ghetto. The spare tire look just is not for me.

MCObray

Explorer
I really liked when I had my wheels painted white. Got some good comments on them too. I personally think black wheels look RICE and ghetto. The spare tire look just is not for me.

I'm with you on that one. Everyone and their mother's have black wheels... i'll pass.

88Xj

Banned
Hey MCO, I wasn't sure which model leafs you got...are the LD or MD or HD? How much weight have you carried so far and any sag when carrying weight?

Right now I've 1" OME leafs with a Mj overload...it was alot bigger...and I'm around 2" of lift but when loaded with gear, about 350lbs..it sags quite a bit..trying to see about a new set of OME's that are 2" already.

MCObray

Explorer
I like my black wheels. :D But I like your white ones, too!

Looks good! :sombrero:

To each their own my friend. Don't get me wrong, I think a select few of black wheels look great on an XJ... I just like to be different:ylsmoke:.

Here is my overall height comparison:
Stock Height:
(Center Point of Hub-to-Bottom of Flare) Front height: 17.5"
(Center Point of Hub-to-Bottom of Flare) Rear height:17.0"
With full tank of gas on my '99 Cherokee XJ SE:
(Center Point of Hub-to-Bottom of Flare) Front height: 19.75"
(Center Point of Hub-to-Bottom of Flare) Rear height: 20.75"

Also, when there is weight loaded or bike carrier in the hitch, the ride is a tad bit smoother than unloaded.

Here is a chart of the OME Leaf Springs:
OME-D22XL= AAL
OME-CS034RB= 2" Light Load Leaf Springs
OME-CS035RA= 2" Heavy Load Leaf Springs
OME-CS034RA= 2.25" Medium Load Leaf Spring
OME-CS033RB= 2.75" Medium Load Leaf Spring
OME-CS033RA= 3.5" Medium Load Leaf Spring

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Attachments

• DSC02995.JPG
    DSC02995.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC03121.JPG
    DSC03121.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

MCObray

Explorer
I ordered up a Neutral Safety Switch, Mopar Air Filter, and two Spicer 5-760x U-Joints today. I ordered the NSS and Air Filter from Quadratec, which I got free shipping on through the Quadratec vendor (Joe) on JeepForum. It saved me $27! I order the two Spicer 5-760x U-Joints from Northern Drivetrain, LLC for $58 out the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears