Adventure Silvy's Build Thread

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Well, had a pretty rad weekend out at Ocotillo/ Anza Borrego State park. I got the 200 rebuilt and it RIPS!! I left late Friday night and got into the desert in the late hours of the night and it was the perfect weather. The truck performed great and i couldn't be happier with it. Really need to get on my camp setup being riding seasons here but for the most part the trucks ready i just need to get organized and put together a storage system! If you guys have any pointed i would love to hear them. I plan on running power to the back and building some sort of organizer/bed frame. If you have any pictures please reply with them!

Dez3.jpg

Dez1.jpg

Dez2.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking pics there Mr Adventure. Looks like you had fun on your bike. There are lots of threads here with canopy options for rear storage and set-ups. You might also want to go with a steel cage and a roof top tent mounted above. Last but not least you could build a canopy yourself like I did. Check my build sig if you want to see the play by play. I am sure lots of helpfull people here at expo will give you some idea. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Looking solid! Any chance you can post some pics of your fender trimming!? What gears are in those axles?

Ds4x4

Observer
It would be nice if someone would come up with a hidden winch solution for the 14-16 models

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Howdy all, figured i would fill you in on my adventure pack weekend in ANZA. Got a ticket for all my lights because the cop was looking for a reason to ticket me so that was no bueno but life goes on. Got our trucks stuck at the salton sea. Got to test out some Maxtrax and have to say im seriously impressed! Sorry i've been so quiet as of lately i'll get to responses here soon, lifes just been busy. Here's some photos for your Monday!
IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3865.jpg

Thanks guys, sorry for the late response in advance!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Nice looking pics there Mr Adventure. Looks like you had fun on your bike. There are lots of threads here with canopy options for rear storage and set-ups. You might also want to go with a steel cage and a roof top tent mounted above. Last but not least you could build a canopy yourself like I did. Check my build sig if you want to see the play by play. I am sure lots of helpfull people here at expo will give you some idea. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Chilli, I checked out your build and loved it! I used to own a 71 Chevy K10 and i loved it just was little too much to be a daily driver. I will forever love the squares though!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Hey looks good. What mounts are you using for the windshield lights?

Hey J,

I went through a lot of searching and decided that i was going to do some modified one. Note: this is before SDHQ came out with their mount which unfortunately i'm unable to find on their webstore. The mounts i used were baja designs' 07-13 Silverado A-pillar mounts which i modified slightly to work for our year. https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Silverado-Sierra-1500-2500-3500-Hood-Mount-07-13.asp If you're interested i can show you how to do it for your truck. They're very solid and quality steel.

Best Regards,
AdventureSilvy

Ds4x4

Observer
Hey J,

I went through a lot of searching and decided that i was going to do some modified one. Note: this is before SDHQ came out with their mount which unfortunately i'm unable to find on their webstore. The mounts i used were baja designs' 07-13 Silverado A-pillar mounts which i modified slightly to work for our year. https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Silverado-Sierra-1500-2500-3500-Hood-Mount-07-13.asp If you're interested i can show you how to do it for your truck. They're very solid and quality steel.

Best Regards,
AdventureSilvy
That would be a good write up actually if you didn't mind posting it sometime.

And yes I'm quick to reply! I'm subbed son

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Hey Guys,

Here's a brief write up on if you'd like to attempt to make similar a pillar brackets to mine based off of the Baja Designs 07-13 ones. I apologize for the little amount of information i did this last year.

IMG_3726.jpg
This photo shows the original bracket, and what it looks like before its re-drilled, and sanded down.
IMG_3729.jpg
What you want to do is drill 2 holes about 1/2" forward away from where the light would mount. and also sand down the ridge to where the bump in your hood brackets wont be touching the A-pillar mounts. I used a belt sander in order to do this. Note! You will have to do a little trimming on your factory window cowling in order to have the mounts sneak through the hood! Not difficult at all to do with a dremall.
IMG_3734.jpg
I drilled them to the point where they would sit snug on the hood, and to keep them from vibrating. To save my paint i put a zip tie in between the hood and the a-pillar bracket.

With the brackets drilled like this i was able to let the hood open all the way without it hitting the window.
IMG_3730.jpg

Here is the product list in case you're interested in doing this yourself!

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/xl-racer-edition-pair-high-speed-spot.asp Lights
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Silverado-Sierra-1500-2500-3500-Hood-Mount-07-13.asp Mount
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx6-s8-xl-pro-sport-harness-2-light-max-150-watts.asp Harness

Here are some other photos of my current wiring/camp setup.
IMG_3735.jpg
IMG_3731.jpg
I used a bluesea in order to get more auxiliary connections on without overloading the battery with ring terminals.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx6-s8-xl-pro-sport-harness-2-light-max-150-watts.asp

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Well, I bought an intake for the silvy being I had been dying to try one and see if I could make any of my gas mileage come back.

First off:

The installation process was so easy!! I installed this in a matter of an hour!

2nd:

Power wise I can't say for sure but my butt dyno is feeling a little bit more pucker factor.

3rd:

On my drive to work I usually average 12.4 (a lot of stop and go)with the intake and school girl excitement to hear the "womp" i averaged 13.7.

4th:

I got ride of that oversized air box and it looks extremely clean now!

5th:

The only thing that i wasn't stoked about with this kit is the plastic fittings for the crankcase hoses. Which I totally am fine with I'm just prone to stripping plastic. Though they didn't! IMG_3744.jpg

6th:

I bought a pre-filter also just for the amount of off-roading i do!

wrmmt

Adventurer
What air intake did you go with? Thats probably the next thing up on my '13. I need to do a few power upgrades to help out the power/mpg after adding the rack and awning and other offroad goodies... Unless I get too impatient and do suspension first haha...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman