AEV RAM At Sema.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
They already built a crew cab version...so I don't see why some are bitching.

Hey, we don't have kids nor like playing taxi driver. I see it as a multi-use tool for a single guy or a spawnless couple. Hauling sleds, dirt bikes, quads...building supplies, toss on some stake panels and haul fire wood...or toss on a FWC flatbed camper. Ya know...actually use what a truck is supposed to be used for.

There aren't many, but there are some that want a no BS no non-sense travel rig...without dragging some *snot nosed brats along. (*that includes the adult versions too! ;) :D )

index.php

Power wagon doesn't come in diesel, nor RC is I recall. We just recently move here to Idaho.... Lotsa fullsize diesel flat beds running around. Plenty of the AEV target market here.

Being from AZ I sure was into the IFS prerunner type of exploration rig, now being up North...my tune is changing.

Nobody is "bitching", the purpose of the thread is to discuss a rig and that includes agreeing as well as disagreeing with its purpose. And I guaranty that less than 2% of the general population in Idaho could even afford one. All 5 of my vehicles are paid for including a diesel truck that gets used as such. As for your stereotyping of children as snot nosed brats, I'll choose my dogs over folks such as yourself who do not like children.

Clutch

<---Pass
Nobody is "bitching", the purpose of the thread is to discuss a rig and that includes agreeing as well as disagreeing with its purpose. And I guaranty that less than 2% of the general population in Idaho could even afford one. All 5 of my vehicles are paid for including a diesel truck that gets used as such. As for your stereotyping of children as snot nosed brats, I'll choose my dogs over folks such as yourself who do not like children.

Whoa dude relaaaaax...it was mostly sarcasm. Didn't you see the smilies....geesh...you're gonna die an early death with all that pent up angst. Though it does sound like a bunch of whining from a couple people that AEV didn't build a crew cab...ahhh...like they ummmm did that last year. Relax my knee-grow, take a trip to Boulder and get some reefer, mang.

Who says I don't like children? You can call them snot nosed brats and still like 'em. :D :D :D

Stereotyping Idaho folks are we now? Yee-ow...my brother! Plenty of expensive diesel trucks running around here, with dirt bikes, quads, UTV's in the bed or towing horse trailers or all of the above...among the the others horses ain't cheap. Honestly, I am little surprise with all the money rolling around here...nothing like California, but some nice rigs running around. Some nice shacks out there too.

Last edited:

Woodsman

Adventurer
Great looking "Ausi inspired" truck ! Still like the quad cab better (for my purposes) and almost bought a silver 2014 Ram 3500 crew cab long bed after being inspired by last year's AEV build . . . until the deal fell through and I ended up with a new 2013 F350 Lariat crew cab long bed.

PS - I prefer the term "rug-rats"

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
Yep, definitely getting old. :D NTTIAWWT.

Back on topic:

I dunno, that UTE bed looks awfully flimsy. Like the build otherwise.

View attachment 255635

The UTE bed sides were pretty flimsy, but overall I really liked the truck. There were not a lot of useful trucks at SEMA. This was one of the few everyone else at the show thinks 24" wheels with 37" tires is cool.(not sure why) I think it looks like a modern low rider and is about as useless as one.

Bojak

Adventurer
I think its ************. I think last year's was ************ too. I think regular cab short beds look better in general. I think they have better proportions. I own a crew cab longbed cuz that is works for me and my snot nosed rug rat brats. I think flatbeds are cool but wouldn't spend the money to remove a bed that was in good shape and buy/fabricate one to install. Not sure how anyone into offroad could see that truck and not think its cool. Maybe not holy grail, but definitely cool.

Clutch

<---Pass
The UTE bed sides were pretty flimsy, but overall I really liked the truck. There were not a lot of useful trucks at SEMA. This was one of the few everyone else at the show thinks 24" wheels with 37" tires is cool.(not sure why) I think it looks like a modern low rider and is about as useless as one.

They have to import the UTE bed from OZ, yes? Wonder why they didn't use an American manufacture, plenty of flatbed manufactures here. It is probably my favorite SEMA truck so far.

Reading on the XP Camper page, sounds like Marc wasn't too impressed with the UTE bed, and is building his own.

Clutch

<---Pass
I own a crew cab longbed cuz that is works for me and my snot nosed rug rat brats.

I like 'em all...something about the regular cabs though. Just something so "right" about them. Maybe because they are dying breed...

That said I am pretty hawt for 70's era F250's for some reason though, we really don't need a crew, since we are spawnless...I don't like carpooling either...do not even like caravanning...am the type that will meet you there, I like going my own speed.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I like 'em all...something about the regular cabs though. Just something so "right" about them. Maybe because they are dying breed...

That said I am pretty hawt for 70's era F250's for some reason though, we really don't need a crew, since we are spawnless...I don't like carpooling either...do not even like caravanning...am the type that will meet you there, I like going my own speed.

You should move to NL, the dealers sell more regular cabs here than anywhere else I think. but the flip side is most are 2wd.

Clutch

<---Pass
You should move to NL, the dealers sell more regular cabs here than anywhere else I think. but the flip side is most are 2wd.

Always wanted to check out NL....one of these days.

RC's seem to be in abundance here, probably because of all the farmland, usually found on the commercial side of the dealer lot. I have been looking at the Tundra's, Ford and Ram 3/4-1 tons. (can't decide to go with IFS or solid front axle)

Clutch

<---Pass
It's awesome here. Lots of wilderness. Most who buy a rc truck here are old people. Ha ha.

I need to check it out.

Yeah, definitely gettin' my old man grump on "Get off my lawn, you damn kids!" :elkgrin: ( I kid...I kid)

Here you go, build your own version... AEV starter kit....RC diesel's can be had for under $30K.

$27K for this one.

40985810689.384638792.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.563x421.jpg

40985810691.384638792.IM1.03.565x421_A.563x421.jpg

40985810692.384638792.IM1.04.565x421_A.563x421.jpg

carbon60

Explorer
Is RAM the only solid-axle, diesel, regular cab and short bed new truck available in North America?

A.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
Is RAM the only solid-axle, diesel, regular cab and short bed new truck available in North America?

A.

Don't think you can get in a short bed...thought the AEV was, but I think the 41" tires are making the long bed look like a short bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78