AlfaVit Trailer

Richiezook

Had been looking at the Sankey military trailers as used by the Land Rover fraternity but decided they were a bit big behind my Suzuki Vitara (Sidekick, tracker) so decided that the idea size was another Vitara.

Heres my original idea done by blocking out the front end of the Vitara (not the best rendering but you get the idea.

Welshlanes8thmarch052-1.jpg

And so it begins,

trailer003.jpg

trailer005.jpg

trailer002.jpg

Richie:cool:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Cool!

That's an interesting looking coupler that you used. Can you tell me more about it?

Richiezook

Coupler is a 50mm ball, which is rated at a couple of tons (well above the trailer weight) Its connecetd up to the trailers brakes and can rotate through 360,

R

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Wow! You really work fast.:Wow1: I think I like that you post up the whole project at once. I do get a little impatient waiting for updates. Looks very cool BTW. Matches up really nicely.

Richiezook

Thanks, guys, Its a bit of a parts bin special , made with bits from the salvage yard. It has to be a general purpose trailer too aswell as for Green laning.

Richie:cool:

slimtwo

Adventurer
Great job on the trailer!

Looking at yours, I'm starting to think again of my original idea to find a wrecked TJ (or two actually) with a good rear end and build a trailer out of it to match my TJ.

The only reason I was moving in a different direction, was because I wanted to bed deeper. In thinking about it though, I would build a cover to fit regardless, I could just make the lid taller to make up for it. I'll have to think on this some more.

Again, great job on your trailer!

Happy trails!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Killer build! Was wondering where you got that great looking 5 bar, but then realized from your tags that you were in the UK!

Nice!

Dendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan