AlfaVit Trailer

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
I'm likeing it! But I have to ask.
Why didn't you use the rear door spare tire carrier and add a box on the front to store your recovery equipment and stuff that you'd want to carry on every trip. Maybe water and fridge stuff in the front box.

Also, Did you save the OEM fuel tank? Seems like a logical place to carry extra gas, since they already have skid plates. Plus your filler neck is RIGHT THERE! And with the electric pump in the tank fuel transfers can be a snap. Especially if you use a motorboat fuel connector between the Vitara and the trailer for a quick disconnect. No having to strap down Military Gas cans that thieves can walk off with.

I've got a few old 1st Gen Isuzu Troopers and I've kicked around the idea of doing the same thing with one of mine. Even thinking of using an Isuzu rearend for the trailer axle to carry my spare rear third and axles.

Like I said, very cool Dude!:victory:

Richiezook

Original fuel tank was jiggered (broken) The area it occupied will (eventually ) be taken up by a water tank (or slide out drawer). The filler neck will get removed and a socket fitted for electrics will go behind the door.

I tried the spare wheel on the back door and it didnt look right (weird , but i just didnt like it ) I had a tool box all lined up to go on the front , but couldnt find another place for the spare.

trailer103.jpg

trailerbox.jpg

trailer031.jpg

trailer032.jpg

General bits and pieces will go under the floor in the footwell boxes.

trailer124.jpg

Pic doesnt show the lids which cover the holes (they were still drying).

R

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Thanks for clarifying!
After looking at the pictures again I did notice that the ladder for access to the tent was at the back, rather than the side, so the rear mounted spare would have made no sense at all.
I went out and looked at my Trooper bodies tonight and the two door 1st gen body would make a perfect trailer. Albeit a little bigger than yours.

Richiezook

Its called the Wayfarer, its a route here in North Wales. Long story but its named after a cyclist a long time ago who published a book of routes (the first mountain biker i guess) He was nicknamed Wayfarer, this route was in the book in. At the peak of the route theres a Memorial stone to him and a Tin box with a book in thatyou can sign. Lots of visitors leave photos (there one of a Peugeot 205, small city car, going over the route).

Richie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior