Alu-Cab Hercules Troopy Roof Coversion / Now in the USA!

TheoM

Please ask Alu Cab to change this CAD design ever so slightly so that the absolute square fliptop is more rounded and follows the classical lines of the Troopy - they did it for the Defender roofs ....

Dusty Grin

Observer
My timing is just off as usual. Sent you guys an email a couple months ago and was told there was no pop-tops for the Troopy available (which was true at the time I suppose). So I found another complete pop-top troopy, bought it, shipped it and it arrived today in port. I would have rather had your aluminum pop-top though, instead of the fiberglass Trakka. Had I known you were planning on bringing them in, I'd have bought one for sure.

The good news for somebody is I'll be selling my clean 1990 1hz troopy which does not have the pop-up.

Andy

Westy

Adventurer
Please ask Alu Cab to change this CAD design ever so slightly so that the absolute square fliptop is more rounded and follows the classical lines of the Troopy - they did it for the Defender roofs ....

I couldn't agree more. The model pictured on the first page of this thread installed on a 70 series is ugly to say the least. AluCab needs to redesign this. Form isn't everything, but it appears this wasn't even a thought in the engineering and design of this top for a 70 series. They could do a lot better.

1.jpg
2.jpg

TheoM

Well I am from the Republic and based in Cape Town where they happen to be located. I have visited their offices with my request but it soon became very clear that they are now focussed on Corporate Clients and do not think that they need the business of the ave man on the street, so I really hope that the US market will be regarded as significant enough to get them to alter their design. They claim it is CAD so it really should not be rocket science for their design team, to turn what is essentially a good product, into an aesthetically more pleasing, good product ! If the US is also not regarded good enough then I hope the Australian market will be, so I shall for now at least, remain ever hopeful without holding my breath.

:rolleyes:

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD

Not sure how much more they can round the top but I can ask. The hard part of the troopy is the rake of the front section of the roof and maximizing usable space in the camper.

I agree it may not be for everyone, but one you experience a stand up camper it is hard to go back to a RTT :)

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
My timing is just off as usual. Sent you guys an email a couple months ago and was told there was no pop-tops for the Troopy available (which was true at the time I suppose). So I found another complete pop-top troopy, bought it, shipped it and it arrived today in port. I would have rather had your aluminum pop-top though, instead of the fiberglass Trakka. Had I known you were planning on bringing them in, I'd have bought one for sure.

The good news for somebody is I'll be selling my clean 1990 1hz troopy which does not have the pop-up.

Andy

Andy, sorry about that but the Trakka is still an awesome unit. We had originally only planned to bring the Defender ICARUS conversions, but recently we thought we would give the Troopy guys here an opportunity for a conversion and to gauge interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998