AmboLander

FDM2012

Adventurer
Been doing a lot of tire/wheel research lately....

So, I drove to the scales this morning to get a much needed and up to date weight check on my rig.

This is what I had at the scales with 7/8 tank of fuel, 2 adults (400lbs between the 2 of us) and an
extra bench seat (from one of my other vans) laying in the middle floor of the box.

The way I look at it, this is all very comparable weight to what I would be loaded out at.

Front: 4400
Rear: 6160
Total: 10540

The rims that I already bought to put on it are rated at 3650, and my tires of choice are rated at 3750.

I think that is enough cushion for most applications. I will roll with it. :smiley_drive:

zuke

Adventurer
Yup, Sounds like you'll be ok with those numbers, you don't plan on doing any towing with it, do you?

FDM2012

Adventurer
Nothing serious. Not sure I would ever go higher than 6,000. (600lbs-ish in tongue weight)

Would not even do that until I put on Meth Injection (EGT's) and a triple disc TC.

I would like to build a tag along OverLander trailer, but that is pretty far off. No more
than about 3,500-4,500lbs total weight.

Yup, Sounds like you'll be ok with those numbers, you don't plan on doing any towing with it, do you?

Abitibi

Explorer
Been doing a lot of tire/wheel research lately....

So, I drove to the scales this morning to get a much needed and up to date weight check on my rig.

This is what I had at the scales with 7/8 tank of fuel, 2 adults (400lbs between the 2 of us) and an
extra bench seat (from one of my other vans) laying in the middle floor of the box.

The way I look at it, this is all very comparable weight to what I would be loaded out at.

Front: 4400
Rear: 6160
Total: 10540

The rims that I already bought to put on it are rated at 3650, and my tires of choice are rated at 3750.

I think that is enough cushion for most applications. I will roll with it. :smiley_drive:
Those numbers are almost identical to mine when I'm loaded up for a trip. Not bad at all considering I've seen plenty of heavier Sportsmobiles...

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

FDM2012

Adventurer
Still have a lot of modifying (hubs, springs-front/rear, fender wells), and $$ to dump on it, but I think you get the main idea.....
By my Math, they will tuck in about 4'' from where they are now.

Of course, it's not like I was really awake and alert in Math class....... #80'sChild
IMG_20170601_101142.jpg

IMG_20170601_101208.jpg
IMG_20170601_101131.jpg
IMG_20170601_101306.jpg

I will mod the bumper accordingly, and slice a piece of cheese out of the fenders, as recommended by UHAULER. Thx, for the tip!
DSC00201copy.jpg DSC00202copy (1).jpg

Last edited:

FDM2012

Adventurer
Installed the 26 row today.

I meant to take pics while doing it, but I was dodging showers, so that just didn't happen....

There is plenty of room in there, but you have to modify all of the brackets and whatnot.
Not a horrible job, if you have a 6-pack. Or 12 pack in my case.......
I would have finished a lot earlier, had my neighbor not been getting in my way and
offering ALL of his advice.... A good dude, though.

I went for about a 45 minute drive afterwards, including the highway, and it seems that it's zone is now 145-165 degrees.
It was upper 80's and soupy, here in Tampa today. Before, I was running 170-180 with a Derale w/fan. I am now content.IMG_20170610_214143.jpg

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Huh. Just realized I'm a hop and a skip from you at the moment. Hangin out at Disney Fort Wilderness for another 5 weeks.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I'll add that to the list... especially if I tow.

Right now I'm blissfully ignorant about lots of temperatures (Trans, EGT, etc).

FDM2012

Adventurer
Awesome. I know you are already very familiar with our swampy summers down here,
but I hope you don't get rained out, too much....
Eric S.

Huh. Just realized I'm a hop and a skip from you at the moment. Hangin out at Disney Fort Wilderness for another 5 weeks.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Gauges are definitely a catch-22, and will send you down the proverbial wormholes, but well worth
it to me for collecting REAL Data for monitoring and troubleshooting.

I'll add that to the list... especially if I tow.

Right now I'm blissfully ignorant about lots of temperatures (Trans, EGT, etc).

FDM2012

Adventurer
Yeah, you know me, I was waiting on a good deal. For only $50, how could I pass it up?
#DealsAreOutThere

patoz

Expedition Leader
Eric, do you still have my cell phone number, if not I'll PM it to you. You may lose internet but still have cell phone or text capability. Let me know if I can help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman