An expedition truck on portals...

Oilworker

Explorer
I know that Doug,

but some time ago I started looking into the possibility of getting a new Defender road legal. That was when the TD5 was still new....
With the prototypes tested in Africa and the changes that are going to happen until late summer it should, according to the paperwork and information that I have received, be possible and that´s what I would like to try.

We´ll see and I´ll find out. It´s still a long and rocky road to walk/drive down and if it shouldn´t work, then I have at least tried :ylsmoke:

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• Nightmare gulch 001.jpg
    Nightmare gulch 001.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 79
  • saline08 037.jpg
    saline08 037.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_1022.jpg
    100_1022.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 65
  • salinefall07 037.jpg
    salinefall07 037.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 66

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Thanks, it's been my daily driver for 8 years or more and is still going strong and is great fun to drive.
I have enjoyed following your truck's progress, keep it coming.

repete

Observer
Thanks, it's been my daily driver for 8 years or more and is still going strong and is great fun to drive.
I have enjoyed following your truck's progress, keep it coming.

I would love to know what it took to get that registered here, but I'll let my imagination go with that one :).
Beautiful truck, and I can't wait for the day to get one myself!

Oilworker

Explorer
May ask for soem assistance?
I have tried last winter and now it´s even more urgent. Who can help me find a set of 4 (or 5) Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT 315/75R16 tyres?
They are exclusively manufactured and sold to the USA and sofar I couldn´t get hold of any dealer who has them :(

Thanx,

Robert

thecriscokid

Explorer
The Yokohama itGO72 studdless are available in that size too. I have been driving then for 3-4 winters. The sipes are in the center of each block and don't extend to the outside edge. I have found that they are a very versatile tire and they don't squirm or tear lugs as easily. I have been very impressed with them compared to the well known Nokian that we have on our all wheel drive car.

Just a thought if they are less of a fuss to get a hold of...

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
Kal Tire in Canada is a Nokian Dealer, I run those on my SUV.

I can call on Monday for you if you want and check price and availability to my local store...

Red90

Adventurer
Do they really carry that size? Can't see it on any of the Nokian pages.

What are your plans? These are decent for on road, hard packed use. Not that great in deeper snow or off road. I know quite a few that have used them.

Duratracs seem like the nicest compromise tire that are winter rated and available in that size.

tacr2man

Adventurer
This is a link to Nokian

http://www.nokiantyres.com/files/nokiantyres/tuote_esitteet_en/NT_wintertyres_brochure_2011_EN.pdf

They dont list a 315 in any profile . The LT2 is announced as being in 12 sizes , but dont list what they are . The on line tyre buy does not list a 315 either
have you contacted Nokian , to see if they do sell what you are after .

Artictrucks (Iceland) list some interesting info on high flotation tyres , that they use and fit (conversions) dont know what make they are tho . HTSH

Oilworker

Explorer
Trev, if you could give your dealer a call please?

I have contacted Nokian a few times and they only ship by the container to the US, only. Okay I could buy a container for next winter :Wow1: :(

The Nokian Vatiiva 315/75R16 would be great, too, but is also only available in the US. Some tyres make it back to the russian market but those are impossible to track down.

An alternative, comparable to the Nokians would help, too. I need to drive quite some miles over here this winter and that won´t be fun on my Cooper STT´s.

I know the Arctic Truck tyres (AT405 it is, isn´t it?). It´s great and would be perfect, but it´s still only manufactured for 15" rims and that´s a mayor setback in my case :(

Thanx for your help.

Last edited:

tacr2man

Adventurer
Kal tire Canada (who are majority owners of OTR tyres Alfreton Derby UK ) have supplied The Nokian Vatiiva A/T although they dont list on their site . Its the a/t you are after (product code T444776) I take it ?

I managed to get hold of some Vredestein rally snow tyres a few years back by emailing direct to Vredestein as they did not usually supply to UK , they asked me to go via a local Vredestein dealer , I think i had to pay a small special freigt fee IIRC )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior