Another 02 4Runner build thread!

wmflyfisher

Observer
xcmountain80 said:
Dude make sure you do the VSC kill mod I forget what the proper name is but it will keep you from getting really stuck.

Aaron

Man that feature really sucks offroad!! I noticed it today making all kinds of racket when things were getting out of control. Had to lock the center diff just to keep it off. I read about the mod too. Def going to get it done soon.

ExploringNH

Explorer
In the meantime, you can always just unplug the gray connector on the front/side of the brake reservoir under the hood. That will disable ABS, Trac, and VSC all at once. It really does make a huge difference off-road.

wmflyfisher

Observer
ExploringNH said:
In the meantime, you can always just unplug the gray connector on the front/side of the brake reservoir under the hood. That will disable ABS, Trac, and VSC all at once. It really does make a huge difference off-road.

Thanks ENH, So whats the difference in VSC and Trac. I thought they were the same.

wmflyfisher

Observer
CYi5 said:
What % did you tint the windows to?

I went with 16% on the front 2 which is perfect in my opinion. You can still see me in the vehicle but its dark enough to keep the light out. I wanted the guy to add something pretty light to the rear windows because they were factory tinted to begin with but he added 5% limo on top of the factory and man its dark as hell. Little more than I wanted but its really not that bad and nobody, I mean nobody can see through it from the outside!

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Yeah it's an easy mod. When I bought my Runner I was on the side of the road working and went to leave and guess what... the trailer and slipped further and further into the grass topped FL goo. I had to call my mom of all people to come to the rescue with the Winch equipped Suburban. I was sunk up to the doors. VSC just kills the RPM's in order to keep the truck from sliding, very useful for soccer moms but not us. Especially if your like me with a rear LSD.

Aaron

Overland Hadley

on a journey
wmflyfisher said:
No drastic mods yet. Removed the running boards and tinted the windows. Plan to install the lift and tires sometime this week or weekend.

Looking better already.

You list looks good, this should be a fun build to watch!

wmflyfisher

Observer
I can tell you now that they ride a lot better! Stiffer but thats how I like it. (thats what she said!) Sorry, I couldn't resist but yeah. A lot better :)

wmflyfisher

Observer
Added the lift and tires yesterday. OME 890's and Bilsteins in the back. Fabtech coilovers up front. 285 Cooper STT's. Lift was pretty simple. Took longer in the back than I had planned. Still have brake lines and an extension bracket to add (anybody know the correct place for this??) Still need to add the diff drop too.

DSC02722.jpg

DSC02724.jpg

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
looks good

Aaron is referring to the Andy Mod if you still need to search it

i kinda wish i had it still for driving, but then sometimes ive had to stomp it in the rain and my tires would spin and id just keep going to get out of the way, if that had happened with VSC it would have slowely stopped itself and i would have gotten hit.

i need my ABS back though, freakin locked up the other day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior