Another budget build (2WD)

bdog1

Adventurer
"stand up height is just over 5 foot. it makes all the difference"

Okay. I need a top for my van!

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

john difool

Observer
finally started with the floor. covered the bigger holes with butyl tape, the smaller ones with dabs of silicone. then made a template. cut strips of foam pad and tacked it between the ribs. put 2 layers of underlayment down and laid down the first board of plywood. before i put the plywood in, i treated it with a 3:1 mix of raw linseed oil and beeswax (heated and mixed in a slow cooker). the color turned out to be the same tone as the original trim. will try to pull all floor in within the next week.

template.jpg blue strips.jpg

underlayment.jpg birchply.jpg

Last edited:

john difool

Observer
hi. sorry i haven't posted anything for a while. i was busy to put the thing together and now i'm on the road since 3 weeks. last 3 days in big bend NP down at the river (at loop camp). couldn't stand the 107F anymore so i had to leave (just don't go there this time a year).
here is a iphone travel log thingie with pix online http://www.tripcolor.com/user/79659/trip/80086-4-month-Western-usa-by-van
might post some interior pix later.
interesting thing happened: received the shocks and handed them to my local mechanic. an hour later he called and said that they are 1in to short. so i double and triple checked only to confirm that these should be the right ones... after some more researching, i figured that i must have the ambulance package. so at this point i wanted to take off 2 days later and needed some longer shocks. we found some kyb's locally. the "mono max" for the rear and the "gas-a-just for the front. pretty happy so far. comfy ride (considering the 65psi in the michelins) and very little roll.
never going faster than 60mph, i'm seeing and avg of 16.5mpg (scangauge and calculated).
happy camper so far :)

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Ib been thinking of the max lift on my 2wd e250 Traverse camper van , can you explain? I noticed they said on their website not for RV use ..

Like this one we did with the right coils and shocks:

20140731_110030.jpg

Why use a spacer when you can get a better quality progressive wound spring that will improve ride and handling, not just lift, for less.

Grngiant

Adventurer
Mmmm pie cut... Thanks Ramsey. I hope to be ordering some shocks and coils from you in the near future.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Ramsey, are going to continue with the shop in Carlsbad or are you retiring? I am a bit worried now about timing!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle