another new guy

EODTaco

Observer
BigTaco said:
Come on Bryan I know your back home! Take a few minutes and post some pics of your truck!

I didn't think everyone would want to see a stock truck, but if you insist...

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

Tacoma1.jpg

There'll soon be an OME lift on the way. Can't wait for the UPS guy!

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
Are you IN South Carolina, or FROM South Carolina, or both?

Are you still on Active Duty? My next command is EODG1 in Coronado.

EODTaco

Observer
SAR_Squid79 said:
Are you IN South Carolina, or FROM South Carolina, or both?

Are you still on Active Duty? My next command is EODG1 in Coronado.

I'm on active duty stationed in South Carolina at Charleston AFB. Are you a tech as well?

EODTaco

Observer
SAR_Squid79 said:
Oh yeah - and BTW - WELCOME TO ExPo!

...and I don't know how experienced you are with Off-Road trucks, and lift kits or wrenching, but here is a thread from TTORA where me and a guy put an OME 3" lift on a new Tacoma:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82383

Thanks much that'll help a lot. I like to think I'm fairly handy with a wrench but I've never installed a lift. Usually I'll start a project thinking "this should be easy" and then Murphy beats me up. Hopefully that won't be the case this time (you can alway hope, right?)

Arivalsend

Adventurer
Glad you found your way over. TacoDoc's site also pointed me in the right direction. I will look forward to some pics of your build progress. Good looking rig~!

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
EODTaco said:
I'm on active duty stationed in South Carolina at Charleston AFB. Are you a tech as well?
No - I missed the bus on that one. My favorite ex girlfriend and a few of my friends are Techs. When I was young and stupid, I thought I was too tough for EOD, and went to BUD/S (twice), but didn't make it. Now I'm too senior to go SEAL/SWCC/EOD/Diver. I'm going to the Mobile Comms Team. I transfer back to San Diego in September. I currently work with Dive Motivators at RTC.

EODTaco

Observer
SAR_Squid79 said:
No - I missed the bus on that one. My favorite ex girlfriend and a few of my friends are Techs. When I was young and stupid, I thought I was too tough for EOD, and went to BUD/S (twice), but didn't make it. Now I'm too senior to go SEAL/SWCC/EOD/Diver. I'm going to the Mobile Comms Team. I transfer back to San Diego in September. I currently work with Dive Motivators at RTC.

I guess that was a dumb question considering your avatar says rescue swimmer! My powers of observation are lacking...
I could never do the rescue swimmer/diver/SEAL thing. I float like your average rock.

BigTaco

Observer
EODTaco said:
I float like your average rock.
..and you look like one too! LOL

Great to finally see the truck..not just "yeah this looks like mine." Need any help withthe lift just give me a yell and I'll see what I can do.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Welcome to the portal! I like the AF too - they gave me lots of nice airplanes to jump out of! :rolleyes:

I was actually TDY at Charleston for about a month when I got back from Haiti in 1995. Nice place! A little too hot and humid for my tastes, though. Also too far from the Rocky Mountains! :D

Anyway, stick around, I think you'll find this is a great place with lots of good information. Stay safe and post when you can!

EODTaco

Observer
BigTaco said:
..and you look like one too! LOL

Great to finally see the truck..not just "yeah this looks like mine." Need any help withthe lift just give me a yell and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks, smart***. But seriously I probably will be PMing you when I finally get the lift...I'm sure I'll make it harder than it has to be. Hope the fam is doing well.

Scott Brady

Founder
EODTaco said:
Hello all,
I followed TACODOC's link from CT and I have to say I love the ExPo. Nothing wrong with CT, just that the ExPo is more my speed. TACODOC, I hope you can handle having an Air Force guy on your site -

EX- USAF here: Mountain Home AFB, Firefighter

Welcome aboard!

EODTaco

Observer
Martinjmpr said:
Welcome to the portal! I like the AF too - they gave me lots of nice airplanes to jump out of! :rolleyes:

I was actually TDY at Charleston for about a month when I got back from Haiti in 1995. Nice place! A little too hot and humid for my tastes, though. Also too far from the Rocky Mountains! :D

Anyway, stick around, I think you'll find this is a great place with lots of good information. Stay safe and post when you can!

I'm with you...it's a nice place but I'm ready to head west. There's beautiful country down here but they're not so lenient about letting you go out and explore and camp where you want to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior