Any other Kia owners on here?

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I had a Kia Sephia for a grand total of two weeks. It was the first and only car I ever bought new. I got T-Boned by an ambulance and that was the end of the Kia.

SRN

Adventurer
I have a Sorento. I really like it. It is does pretty good and has done everything I have wanted it to do.

Well lets see some pictures of it. I never thought about a Sorento. Is that a ladder frame setup? They have a solid rear axle, right?

NewFoundFreedom

Adventurer
26434930271_large.jpg

26434930184_large.jpg

26434930215_large.jpg

26434930229_large.jpg

NewFoundFreedom

Adventurer
The tent, awning and rack came from Sierra Expeditions along with the lift. The side skid bars were made from Rocky Road Out fitters.

I am planning on having some additional skid plates made.

SRN

Adventurer
Awesome pictures! Thats pretty neat, I've never seen one lifted. Those vistas look awful familiar, where are you located?

spencerswahoos

Observer
My wife has a 2006 Kia Sorento, I've always found it quite capable. I've shown her pics of yours, hoping for her to let me do some things to hers. I really like the roof top tent.

NewFoundFreedom

Adventurer
I live in Utah.

Its a funny thing we used to sleep on the ground in a really nice tent. It worked great air bed, sleeping bag, gear etc... We would make it out three or four times a year. Now we go out almost every weekend. (not now with winter, although I want to try it!) We love the tent up top. My wife really likes it. The only place she wont sleep in it is Bear Country.

The Kia has been a great SUV. I still plan to add a WAAG grill guard and some lights up front, more skids, and a snorkel. I really like having something no one else does. :hehe:

SRN

Adventurer
I live in Utah.

Its a funny thing we used to sleep on the ground in a really nice tent. It worked great air bed, sleeping bag, gear etc... We would make it out three or four times a year. Now we go out almost every weekend. (not now with winter, although I want to try it!) We love the tent up top. My wife really likes it. The only place she wont sleep in it is Bear Country.

The Kia has been a great SUV. I still plan to add a WAAG grill guard and some lights up front, more skids, and a snorkel. I really like having something no one else does. :hehe:

You're in northern Utah? I'm in Sugarhouse in SLC. If you want to get out more you should check out:
Expedition Utah and Rocky Mountain Extreme. Both local and lots of people planning cool trips.

I've always wanted an RTT, but the Samurai is a bit to small for one and the drag that it would add on the highway is a serious consideration.
Having something that no one else drives off-road is cool. Thats why my Dad bought a Samurai 20+ years ago and started going to Moab. Now they are commonplace though :(. I've kept mine pretty stock looking to maintain that 'underdog' appeal, but still it's not as unique as the Sorento.
Do they have a true two speed transfer case? I've thought that in the future I might get a Grand Vitara, but I'd love to entertain something a little different. If the Sorento has some chops, it would be worth considering.

Sweet, a Sorento! Always wondered if anybody wheeled those!

Are the axles/xfer case Hyundai/Kia-proprietary, or are they Aisin parts? IF they're Aisin, you should be able to use some Nissan/Mitsu stuff. They have a factory locker option?

That's a slick rig dude! Also, excellent choice on tires;) (have those on the Liberty)

NewFoundFreedom

Adventurer
Yes it has a two speed case four hi and four low! The drap from the tent sucks but worth it. I am not sure on the axle. I wish I did. No factory locker option. I wish it did but I am not in the spots I would need one...yet. lol.

I used to spend a bit of time on Rocky Mountian but it is a little to "rock crawler" for me. I really love this site. I love the trip and camping factor it has. That is what I am more in tune with.

Expedition Utah I checked it out a while back and liked it just forgot my pass word.

I am in Sandy just east of the Automall. We should do a run when the weather gets a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12