Anyone Heard of this Product?

Georgia Mike

I'm sorry to have to be the one that brings this to light, but the only reason I ordered it was because I thought that it would be a good American Made alternative to the Hi Lift Handle All. It's not my intent to bash or bring harm to anyone, I just thought that if anyone else out there thinks like me, and wants to buy American whenever possible, that they would like to know this before purchasing this product.

IMG_1028-1.jpg

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Green Ganesha said:
A couple questions:
  1. Do you offer both the 28" and 38" Baja Busters?
  2. Does the Baja Buster come only in red, or are any other colors available??

Thanks!

There appears to be two different products called the Baja Buster and BajaBuster.

Odd how they look identical. I will need to do some digging into this to make sure that Heininger (company that is distributing here in the US from WA) is not ripping the design off of the smaller guy.

The BajaBuster comes in only red.

TheRoadie

Explorer
The Bajabuster.com site that has the Made in US claim (and the Christian fish symbol as well) says it's Mfg by Silt Enterprises.

The cardboard box pic from Heininger says the Baja Buster is copyrighted by Silt Enterprises. So if it's a ripoff it's a bold one.

I filled out the contact form at the Oregonian bajabuster.com with no reply in 3 hours yet.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
I don't think it is a bold rip-off as much as it may be that the Baja Buster name and design may have been licensed to Heininger Holdings, LLC by Silt Ent. to be sold as a Heininger Automotive product. One Baja Buster may very well be made in Taiwan and the other in the U.S. which could be a possible explanation for the price difference.

I'm curious to know if a rep from Heininger or Silt initially contacted Sierra Expeditions. That may clarify some things.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I just got off the phone with the "Mom" of the Mom & Pop operation of Baja Buster / Silt Enterprises. They leased production to Heininger Automotive, however Silt personally takes care of any warranty issues should they arise.

What she said was that if you get one and the quality isn't there, send it to them and her husband (the inventor) will go out to his shop and make you a new one or the part you need and ship it to you. So it sounds as if they are willing to stand behind it and I'll be ordering a couple in the next few days.

Dave

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Do the Heninger built ones come with the quick fists as advertised on the Baja Buster site?

TheRoadie

Explorer
MoGas said:
They leased production to Heininger Automotive, however Silt personally takes care of any warranty issues should they arise.
So the "Hand fabricated in the USA" statement on their web site is no longer true. That should bother them.
What she said was that if you get one and the quality isn't there, send it to them and her husband (the inventor) will go out to his shop and make you a new one or the part you need and ship it to you.
Often, avoiding offshore subcon manufactured goods isn't a statement about quality, but about other attributes. Loss of American jobs, Walmartization, political issues. All could be valid reasons to ask about WHERE a product is made. In this case it seems clear. The inventor outsourced manufacturing, but failed to update their web site, or exercise control over the ultimate subcon. What else can I say? I'm not currently boycotting Taiwanese goods. YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle