Anyone Heard of this Product?

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
TheRoadie said:
So the "Hand fabricated in the USA" statement on their web site is no longer true. That should bother them.Often, avoiding offshore subcon manufactured goods isn't a statement about quality, but about other attributes. Loss of American jobs, Walmartization, political issues. All could be valid reasons to ask about WHERE a product is made. In this case it seems clear. The inventor outsourced manufacturing, but failed to update their web site, or exercise control over the ultimate subcon. What else can I say? I'm not currently boycotting Taiwanese goods. YMMV.

It sounded to me like the Pop made these and they took off and it was cutting in to his off road racing time.

DoubleD

It is great to see all of the enthusiasm regarding the new BajaBuster product. This is really a great product and a valuable idea, especially when your vehicle is stuck.

The product that was originally made by the inventor, Eldon Coats of Silt Enterprises. Eldon is a competitor in off-road racing and knows the score on necessities. The BajaBuster came for his own experiences and Heininger Automotive has since, licensed the product from him.

The product that was originally made by Silt, was made in the USA. The product that is now being marketing as the BajaBuster™ is actually made in Taiwan. The price difference is nearly half and the quality is the same. This was pointed out by MuddyMudSkipper earlier in this forum.

Bajabuster.com is a site established by Silt and it will soon be altered to link to the Heininger Automotive site where there are numerous products (automotive creature-comforts) on display.

If anyone has any questions on the BajaBuster or any of the products offered by Heininger, feel free to contact the company at info@heininger.biz

Double D
Heininger Automotive

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
MoGas said:
It sounded to me like the Pop made these and they took off and it was cutting in to his off road racing time.

Sounds to me like licensing an idea and making money off of the said idea with little work (post licensing) is a cush situation. I would be daft if I said I wouldn't consider it, if not do it given a similar opportunity. :costumed-smiley-007

FlyingWen

Explorer
Just an FYI:

I had the inventor of the BajaBuster actually call me up today to explain the situation.

He has leased his patent to the current company (Heiniger) for 14 years. Originally, the Bajabuster was produced here in the US, but it ended up being cheaper to have it made in Taiwan.

He assured me that there was no copyright infringement issues and that he believes that this is a great product and hopes you will all agree.

He came up with the idea for the BajaBuster after being stuck in silk for 3 hours and only having a Hi-Lift as a means to get him out.

Sierra Expeditions believes that this is a high quality product or we would not carry it.

TheRoadie

Explorer
FlyingWen said:
Originally, the Bajabuster was produced here in the US, but it ended up being cheaper to have it made in Taiwan.

He assured me that there was no copyright infringement issues and that he believes that this is a great product and hopes you will all agree.
I think I agree, and will likely get one. I just wish he's change his web site to remove the "Hand fabricated in the Uniter States" claim, if it's no longer true. That's all. Did he address that problem?
He came up with the idea for the BajaBuster after being stuck in silk for 3 hours
Ooooo. I wish I had that problem. Mrs. Roadie usually kicks me out after only a half hour romp in the silk. :hehe:

FlyingWen

Explorer
TheRoadie said:
I just wish he's change his web site to remove the "Hand fabricated in the Uniter States" claim, if it's no longer true. That's all. Did he address that problem?:

He has asked the current lease holder, Heiniger, to update their website. Apparently has has received some emails and phone calls from concerned people regarding this product.

He told me that he brought his idea to Hi-Lift, who turned him down after signing some legal paperwork regarding refraining from the use of his idea. Shortly thereafter, they came out with the Handle-All which IS an patent infringement. I was surprised to hear that one!!!

Bottom line:
This product is made in Taiwan, but the inventor of this product is here in the US. Great, solid product and the angle of the handle is designed to keep one from smashing their hand.

vanderpooch

Authentic Adventurer
Follow up?

113768-lg.jpg

The product is no longer being sold by sierra expeditions. did it prove to be an inferior product?
I see it is still sold at quadratec for $39.99
I am heading to Baja and looking to save some space and a few pounds as well. Seems like a great idea and the first few reviews seemed to support that it was a functional tool.
Anyone have a follow up??

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I have used mine here and there. The hoe is really useful, and I haven't really used the shovel head. It is a well made product, though.

I bought 2 and gave 1 to my Father-in-Law for Christmas. He put it in his Polaris Ranger and it looked like it had been well used last time I noticed it. I can ask him how he likes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle