Anyone use a PSP for web surfing

BigAl

Expedition Leader
My young nephew was showing me his Play station portable. The screen was large and the graphics were great. We played madden football:) He said with a wifi connection he could surf the web. Anyone use this device for surfing, how does this site look/work with it?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Its okay, we'ved used it several times. The screen is super clear and everything on the websites pull up like your at home (layout wise). The one part that really sucks with it is entering text. It takes forever. But other than that its good and fast. Some of your bank websites wont let you in because it doesnt think you have a proper browser.

I've used it @ Panamint Springs Resort in Death Valley before as a matter of fact :) Yosh takes the PSP with us on every trip and watches movies in the tent before bed and while we are driving on pavement. They are amazing little units that is for sure.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
SOCALFJ said:
...The screen is super clear and everything on the websites pull up like your at home (layout wise).... .

That is what I was hoping, I just saw one for ~$160 that I think I'll pick up. Many times I lug my laptop with me and only use it for surfing.

kbellve

Observer
pick up a Nokia 800 instead. Better screen, easier text input, plus other features. It is being cleared out now that the 810 has been released.

Luke

Observer
Psp

I have a PSP and have used it to browse the web. It's pretty handy if you don't have access to a computer. The biggest downside is it has a very small cache so many graphics/animations/security features fail to load. The PSP makes a great backup but I'd still choose a laptop 10 out of 10 times.

absolute

Adventurer
I use the PSP to surf the web all the time! I don't have any issues reading post/blogs or having pictures download. I think there is a setting to have a larger cache. i'll have to double check, the hardest thing is typing.
the second thing i would like to do is, using a home brew unix software allow it to browse my network for movies...kinda like if you have a PS3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78