ARB front bumper is ready for US market

hattrik21

Adventurer
Sooooo has a price been set on these bumpers yet? I'd like to know how much I need to hide away while they get the Xterra one finished up.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Awesome!!!

Good advice on the paint... I am really looking forward to seeing what the price is going to be. I am really like the looks of the ARB on the Frontier.

xEDGEx

Hey guys just thought I'd chime in, I'm fairly new to the site.. been lurking for a month or so now...

I'm the lucky Xterra owner who gets to fit the prototype on Monday :D
Can't even tell ya how excited I am to finally see it!

Ed's truck was actually at the plant when I took the truck in for measurements early this year.. it's been cool tracking all the updates.

Anyway, I'll be sure to take lots of pics and post up with ARB's go-ahead

-eric

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Hey guys just thought I'd chime in, I'm fairly new to the site.. been lurking for a month or so now...

Ed's truck was actually at the plant when I took the truck in for measurements early this year.. it's been cool tracking all the updates.

-eric

If that is cool with ARB, please do so! You are the "lucky one" haha. BTW welcome to ExPo, there is tons of great stuff here.

hattrik21

Adventurer

-eric

If you remember, can you ask them what winches will fit in the bumper?

xEDGEx

will do. I'm going to be adding a Warn 9.5XP when I go in for the test fit. Not sure if the bumper has enough room inside for an integrated solenoid. Were there any specific models you'd like me to ask about?

hattrik21

Adventurer
No just curious if they have an idea or measurements for the space so I can start planning on my purchase of one.

sami

Explorer
I'm posting this from theNewX.org:

Here is the prototype bar I had put on today (along with a Warn 9.5XP and IPF 800XSD's)..

Price point is expected to be right around the Tacoma ($~1000), skew should start showing up online soon. Not sure when actual production begins.

IMG_2146_lr.jpg

IMG_2150_lr.jpg

The brackets are HUGE. I believe Marc said they did a double line pull on them and didnt see any deformation until 20k pounds..
IMG_2151_lr.jpg

Due to positioning on bracket, a thin strip of factory bumper is needed to fill the gap (which I'll end up painting black to match)
IMG_2155_lr.jpg

Winch altered to mount "feet forward"
IMG_2157_lr.jpg

IMG_2159_lr.jpg

Bumper is designed to use factory "skid plate" under radiator. The fit wasnt perfect, so they hung onto mine for further measurement... which is fine by me since I'll be throwing on a custom skid (also, as far as I know, the Shrockworks radiator skid IS compatible.. at least it was on the recent Frontier test fit)
IMG_2170_lr.jpg

IMG_2169_lr.jpg

IMG_2165_lr.jpg

sami

Explorer
Continued

The fit is pretty snug against the factory filler piece.
IMG_2168_lr.jpg

IMG_2160_lr.jpg

OEM hook is used for front recovery point. As noted in other threads, this is the safest and most durable recovery point since it bolts directly to the frame.
IMG_2161_lr.jpg

IMG_2162_lr.jpg

Everyone at the plant was incredibly excited about how good it turned out and they are super anxious to get it out to the Xterra community!

logos

Observer
Thanks for the write-up. Your X looks great with the bumper. The ARB bumper is high on my list to purchase.

Do we have to retain a portion of the rear bumper? I'd prefer to throw the whole thing away.

How much did your approach angle suffer?

sami

Explorer
Not mine.. Though mine should soon look similar.

From what it says, yes, you have to retain some of the factory bumper.

I'd say the approach angle got better.. Just judging on how low the factory bumper sits vs the ARB.. The ARB gives plenty of room to alteast nose up to an obstacle, whereas the factory bumper would hit and get damaged.

Thanks for the write-up. Your X looks great with the bumper. The ARB bumper is high on my list to purchase.

Do we have to retain a portion of the rear bumper? I'd prefer to throw the whole thing away.

How much did your approach angle suffer?

xEDGEx

hey those pics look familiar ;)

not sure yet how much the approach angle has changed... definitely a lot more clearance when approaching a rock from an angle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior