ARB vs. Campinglab awning

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Looking at getting one of the two for the side of my 109. Anyone have either that can offer some insight?

Thanks!

ARB_Awning_300.jpg

toldocarroppal.jpg

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
We have the Camping Lab and a friend of ours has the ARB. I can tell you they are virtually the same except in price. Made in the same factory, operate the same, etc etc. Camping Lab also offers 2 awning sizes along with the cool netting you can attach to the sides of the awning to enclose it a little and keep the bugs away. I know ARB offers the netting as well, but last I heard it was an Australia only product and they were having a hard time getting them here in the states.

http://www.campinglab.com

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Camping Lab
It sets up very easily and stows well.
After it survived a microburst that sent it flying back and over the top of my vehicle without any damage, I was sold.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
ARB, Camping Lab and Mombasa are all the same. I've owned the ARB and the Mombasa and can't tell any difference.

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Well since our websites update is looooong overdue and isn't looking like will be complete any time soon i'll take this opportunity to announce that we are now offering a different awning.

I will post pics as soon as possible, in the mean time i'll point out the main differences:

The new model has a spring loaded roller that helps to roll in the fabric when the time comes to tear down camp.
The fabric is 300D polyester RIPSTOP canvas like the one used on the CampingLab tents.
We are now offering a 70" long awning for SWB vehicles.

All the cam locks, connectors, etc are the same.

Martyn

Well since our websites update is looooong overdue and isn't looking like will be complete any time soon i'll take this opportunity to announce that we are now offering a different awning.

I will post pics as soon as possible, in the mean time i'll point out the main differences:

The new model has a spring loaded roller that helps to roll in the fabric when the time comes to tear down camp.
The fabric is 300D polyester RIPSTOP canvas like the one used on the CampingLab tents.
We are now offering a 70" long awning for SWB vehicles.

All the cam locks, connectors, etc are the same.

Great news Fernando.

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Well since our websites update is looooong overdue and isn't looking like will be complete any time soon i'll take this opportunity to announce that we are now offering a different awning....

Great. Always happy to support a fellow EP member. Should I contact you via your website or a PM?

Thanks.

jim

campinglab

Great, thanks. Are the Camping Lab awnings the same in terms of design and quality as the Hannibals?

Basically.....

NO :)

The hannibal awnings are completely different, they do not use poles to keep the awning standing, instead they rely on triangle shaped outriggers that are strong enough to cantilever outward from the mounting point holding the canvas up without the need for "legs".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78