Arkto G12 Review and Discussion

K9LTW

Sad to say it's time to winterize my trailer.

I was hoping to get a few more trips in but that's not going to happen.

This is my first time winterizing a trailer but the Arkto video makes it seem pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad day indeed! Fortunately we have a monster garage to keep it ready for around adventure! And absolutely squat for snow in our area

ruadhrigh

Sad day indeed! Fortunately we have a monster garage to keep it ready for around adventure! And absolutely squat for snow in our area
Thanks for making it worse 😂

Usually not much snow in ABQ, but we’ve been in the twenties already this week.

Arkto

That perfect illustration of why mud flaps are needed is giving me pause. I was dead set on having Aaron throw 35s on it. There's about 2" of clearance fore and aft of the standard 33s; not a lot of room to allow for mud flaps of any ilk. Unless a solution comes up that attaches juuuuuuust barely ahead of the stabilizer or even something that could be bolted on under the stabilizer then hang down.

If someone could figure that out in the next say 5 months or so...that'd be swell! :unsure::)
Mudflaps under way! Would certainly be completed by the time your trailer is completed. They would mount below the chassis, and just behind the wheel well "line". So, basically a continuation of the wheel well.

DirtElk

Mudflaps under way! Would certainly be completed by the time your trailer is completed. They would mount below the chassis, and just behind the wheel well "line". So, basically a continuation of the wheel well.
Looking forward to this and the ability to retrofit. In the middle of mocking up a couple of designs of my own.

Last edited:

K9LTW

HELL YEAH! As much as I’m wanting it now, now, now! I’m thinking the delay until June will be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finbox

Arkto is on my very short list of campers, that I will purchase for a 5500 mile adventure next year.

Looking at their dealers web site (b&b), the pictures of the 2023 models have different under pendings. Substantial lateral brace (you can see one has it and the other has a place for it but it is missing)and aluminum sheeting covering the bottom. What is the difference? are these options?

Attachments

• IMG_5875.png
    IMG_5875.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5873.jpeg
    IMG_5873.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

K9LTW

Arkto is on my very short list of campers, that I will purchase for a 5500 mile adventure next year.

Looking at their dealers web site (b&b), the pictures of the 2023 models have different under pendings. Substantial lateral brace (you can see one has it and the other has a place for it but it is missing)and aluminum sheeting covering the bottom. What is the difference? are these options?

Aaron (@Arkto ) can best address this, but I think that may be a change between the '22 and '23. That bracing is still there, it just appears to be a box section in the left pic vs. the lattice beam in the right.

Though looking more at it it may just be a photo SHOWING that lattice beam under the armor with the fully buttoned-up photo being the first one.

Finbox

This is the beam location where it should be, you can see the bolt holes

Attachments

• IMG_5873.jpeg
    IMG_5873.jpeg
    987.9 KB · Views: 23

Arkto

Hey! Happy to hear we've made the short list.
Yeah, the photos are a bit misleading. Totally understand your question. All trailers come with the 2x3" tube that connects the two sides of the suspension. This tube is missing from that one trailer, and a tube was sent to B&B to install, but it seems (at least based on the photo), that they didn't do that install yet. But that unit would have the tube there. Some early trailers didn't have full belly pans. But they all do now. FYI.
In short, neither are options. The suspension "brace" and the belly pans are standard.
Hope that helps!

Finbox

Aron,
Thanks for the fast reply.

I thought I would ask you some questions here to help myself and others and save you time responding individually through your email.

1. How tall are you? I’ve been watching the videos and trying to see how I would fit in the door and up under the awnings, etc. I’m 6’4”
2. What is the height under the awning braces?
3. What is the length between the hitch coupler and the front of the camper for clearance for swig away tire carriers/tailgates like the Ford Bronco.
4. What model Truma combi do you install? I went to their website to research and they have multiple models.

Thanks for your time

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Aron,
Thanks for the fast reply.

I thought I would ask you some questions here to help myself and others and save you time responding individually through your email.

1. How tall are you? I’ve been watching the videos and trying to see how I would fit in the door and up under the awnings, etc. I’m 6’4”
2. What is the height under the awning braces?
3. What is the length between the hitch coupler and the front of the camper for clearance for swig away tire carriers/tailgates like the Ford Bronco.
4. What model Truma combi do you install? I went to their website to research and they have multiple models.

Thanks for your time
Finbox is your towing capacity on your Bronco 4,500 pounds? If so the Arkto is pushing it but your only choice for a trailer this size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan