Arkto G12 Review and Discussion

Arkto

Aron,
Thanks for the fast reply.

I thought I would ask you some questions here to help myself and others and save you time responding individually through your email.

1. How tall are you? I’ve been watching the videos and trying to see how I would fit in the door and up under the awnings, etc. I’m 6’4”
2. What is the height under the awning braces?
3. What is the length between the hitch coupler and the front of the camper for clearance for swig away tire carriers/tailgates like the Ford Bronco.
4. What model Truma combi do you install? I went to their website to research and they have multiple models.

Thanks for your time
Hey. Sure thing!
1) I'm 6'3". I'm very comfortable in and around the trailer. Naturally, got to be conscientious of the lower door, but to date, haven't hit my head. lol.
2) Oh boy. I'd have to measure that. But I'd say it's like around the 7' mark.
3) It's 4'
4) The Combi Eco - so just gas powered furnace and HWT.

Hope that helps!

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I believe most off road trailer stand up rigs have an entry door that us tall geeks need to be mindful of. I have bad posture so when going up entry door steps my head is angled down already. My door is only 66" high and I have trained myself not to hit it. That said if you like to get drunk like me you may hit any rv entry door.

Finbox

Anybody own a Arkto in Florida? I would like to take a look at one, I’ll pay you for your time.

Arkto

Hey. It’s come across our minds. But the drawers or the fridge under them would pose an issue for dropping in the sink, or the plumbing. We felt the storage was more important for the majority of folks, and went with it. Compromises I suppose.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Or want to arrange a video chat tour.

Finbox

Aron,
A couple more questions.
1.What’s the hight of the ceiling above the mattress?
2.Is the water tank heater electric?, if so what’s the current draw. Or does the Truma heat it?

thanks

Arkto

Aron,
A couple more questions.
1.What’s the hight of the ceiling above the mattress?
2.Is the water tank heater electric?, if so what’s the current draw. Or does the Truma heat it?

thanks
Bed to ceiling is 32”. Although keep in mind, when you sit up, you gain another couple inches from your body weight dropping into the mattress.

It’s a 12v heating pad. This particular pad is meant for rv water tanks. I don’t recall the current draw off the top of my head, but I think 5 amps or so. But it has a built in thermostat, and only turns on when it senses the surface is below a certain temp. Like 2c.

Aaron.

ruadhrigh

Got the camper out for one last 2023 trip last week, took some backcountry roads and enjoyed some cold nights with friends. Both of our pups just got out of bird dog school so we poked around looking for quail without much luck.

22 nights in the camper since picking it up in October.

Fite_Ranch.jpgFite_Ranch_2.jpg

ruadhrigh

ruadhrigh-what are you towing the Arkto with? And does it do it well?

It’s a 22 F350, with the gas 7.3L motor and 10 speed transmission. Way overkill for the Arkto. I can only tell it’s there when seeing it in the mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior