ARRL Ham Radio Licence Manual available to site members-

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
It is available as a loaner to site members - you pay shipping both ways, or hold it until it's requested by the next member.

Per a suggestion from Wil, each person that uses the book will be asked to sign the inside front cover and put in their new call sign!

EDIT:
The test questions on the online self testing sites are not current as of 01 July 06. Until they are updated, the ARRL Manual is probably the best prep available.

Update: QRZ has the correct question pool online, and used it in conjunction with the book to pass the test easily. I used the numbered tests (1 thru 12) questions vs. the random test - all the questions are covered that way.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
Mark,
I am not aware of any recent changes in the licensing exams. So, while the internet test sites may not have ALL the current questions, they will be excellent learning tools. I would advise taking the tests on at least three different sites each day. You will find a lot of info sticking if you do. If the question pool has incresed, or changed, I suspect the majority of questions would still apply for the test. The different areas of study will not have changed and the existing questions will be supplemented not dumped in my opinion.
BX
K7LHL

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
HERE is the new question pool (.pdf file), effective July 1, 2006 and good until June 30, 2010.

BX is probably right. But I haven't compared them myself, so if anyone knows what the differences are supposed to be, feel free to post up. You can compare with the old one if you want to - here is the page with the links to the files. The Technician class pools are "Element 2". From the wording provided, I get the feeling the pool was just updated to reflect changes in FCC rules, and to get rid of errors or ommissions.

Scott Brady

Founder
The difference is the number of questions and no "illustrations"

Mark, lets go together and take the test. Chris can drive and take us for :eatchicke and :beer: and :friday: afterwards :p

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
expeditionswest said:
The difference is the number of questions and no "illustrations"

Mark, lets go together and take the test. Chris can drive and take us for :eatchicke and :beer: and :friday: afterwards :p

I'd be happy to be the designated driver for the evening. But if you guys pass the test at the same time, I can only pay for half of your dinners ;) :p

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Scott, that would be great!

08-Sep-2006
Sponsor: INDEPENDENT
Time: 7:00 PM (Walk-ins allowed)
(928)567-5446
Email: KC7JOG@WEBTV.NET
VEC: ARRL/VEC
CALL AHEAD IS APPRECIATED
MCGUIREVILLE EXIT#293 OFF I-17
1 1/2 MI OFF INTERSTATE I-17
RIMROCK, AZ 86335

Only question is who get to ride in the back of the BT mobile? :yikes:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
crawler#976 said:
Only question is who get to ride in the back of the BT mobile? :yikes:

...strapped to the roofrack maybe? With goggles? :smiley_drive:

I bet I can snag the wife's Matrix for the evening.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
As a side note, reading the ARRL Tech Exam manual allowed me to take all 12 of the practice exams on QRZ (http://www.qrz.com/p/testing.pl) in under 7 minutes each, with an average score of 90%. That's pretty much a 100% guarenteed passing rate the first time!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
crawler#976 said:
Passed the Tech exam!

Missed one tho :eek:

Should have a call sign by Friday

:jump:

WOOOHOOO!!! Time to go to dinner! :chowtime: :beer: Congrats Mark, that is awesome. So you only missed one? That's pretty good :costumed-smiley-007

flywgn

Explorer
Hip hip hooray! Attaboy Mark! You da man! Hope BT treats you to a great steak at Murphys...or wherever.

Allen R
K9ONR :jump:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan

Members online