AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

Clutch

<---Pass
Priced correctly, could this be the end of the Flippac? How many Flippacs does FRP sell? If this unit is priced correctly, how could or would anyone want a Flippac over this? Don't get me wrong. I love our Flippac, and I like the footprint of the truck being the footprint of camp if need be, but the failures of the torsion bars,etc...looms over me.
From what I am seeing, this will be the only way to go.

I would buy a FP at used prices, but with its design flaws wouldn't buy one new. The AT I could see buying new, my guess it is going to be $7-8K for the base model.

austintaco

Explorer
I would buy a FP at used prices, but with its design flaws wouldn't buy one new. The AT I could see buying new, my guess it is going to be $7-8K for the base model.

That's what I was going to guess for pricing, and depending on what your intent was for the rig, you may not need to add too much to a base unit, or add items as you realize what your needs and wants are. I hope that we can plan our next trip through Prescott to see one in person.

Steamboater

There are 3 cross planks that retain the fabric and poles in place when closed. When open they can be used to increase the size of the platform over the cab. The supports are tied to the center roof bar and that must remain in place, the other two bars may be placed wherever you need.

So does that mean the center crossbar in this picture isn't removable?

DSC_5006.jpg

abeaudin1971

Adventurer
I know it's stated that these will fit the 2nd Gen Tacomas (LB) but would they also fit the 6' Frontiers (2005+) and Colorado/Canyons (2015+) or would you need a specific build for that? I ask because I de-tacomaed myself when the first of the two little ones arrived. They're bigger now and ready to camp and we'll be looking for a truck.

As well - for sleeping wee ones - is there something planned to turn the open space level with the sleeping platform into a secondary sleeping platform?

Finally - for those of us in saltier climates (in the winter mainly) - I assume with your preoccupation with attention to detail that all hardware is anodized or stainless (looking at the rack, hinges, tie downs, etc)

This looks awesome by the way - I was talking to my wife about it and she was nonplussed until she saw the press release!

-a

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
I know it's stated that these will fit the 2nd Gen Tacomas (LB) but would they also fit the 6' Frontiers (2005+) and Colorado/Canyons (2015+) or would you need a specific build for that? I ask because I de-tacomaed myself when the first of the two little ones arrived. They're bigger now and ready to camp and we'll be looking for a truck.

As well - for sleeping wee ones - is there something planned to turn the open space level with the sleeping platform into a secondary sleeping platform?

Finally - for those of us in saltier climates (in the winter mainly) - I assume with your preoccupation with attention to detail that all hardware is anodized or stainless (looking at the rack, hinges, tie downs, etc)

This looks awesome by the way - I was talking to my wife about it and she was nonplussed until she saw the press release!

-a
All of the hinges and hardware are stainless steel or aluminum. After we get production up and rolling we will be addressing other truck make and model fitment. We have not measured the Colorado yet but we will work with you to sort it out and make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Clutch

<---Pass
Tapatalk the mobile app for forum access via android has a like button for posts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ahh...I almost never use my phone for forums, mostly on my laptop. Tacoma World has a like button...actually they did a recent revamp of their forum it is pretty slick.

Clutch

<---Pass
That's what I was going to guess for pricing, and depending on what your intent was for the rig, you may not need to add too much to a base unit, or add items as you realize what your needs and wants are. I hope that we can plan our next trip through Prescott to see one in person.

I would need glass all the way around and windoors.

Showed it to the better half, got approved! Out of everything out there...she liked that the best, and asked if it comes with a screened in area....that can be arranged! Got approved for a new truck as well, she told me to quit being a cheap SOB. :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior