Australian and British bloggers arrested in Iran

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Read this morning that Iran finally made it official and said they arrested them. Nothing about flying a drone without a license in the article I read but Iran said they had drone shots of a military installation.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Wow! I'm embarrassed to even be associated on a forum with some of you disgusting people.

You're not associated with them. You're all just a bunch of random nuts on the net.

Y'all must really think you're perfect:rolleyes:

Apparently no more than you think you're perfect, what with the school marm judgements of who is and isn't a "disgusting" person.

Pot, meet kettle.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Back to the article. It is really very strange that they did not even think that they would have problems after sending to flight the drone. After all, even in our country, a licence is required to make video recordings.

I agree with the sentiment but here in the US it's more about the idea you are flying an aircraft than recording. The filming part is irrelevant, over a certain weight up to a cap, you must register all drones. To use for non-recreational purposes, a license is then required.

dreadlocks

Idiots and Drones are like Peanut Butter and Jelly.. I've been into RC aircraft my entire life, we had clubs, fields, flying lessons, and a very strict set of rules and self enforcement that kept the government regulations at bay for decades.. It was every bit as professional, humble, welcoming, and courteous as the HAM scene for example.. but then cheap drones hit the market, and now the OG RC scene is just an island of reason in an ocean of insanity.. a shadow of its former self.. amazing how fast a rather expensive and highly skilled hobby had everything pulled out from under it once it became cheap and required no skills.

shade

Idiots and Drones are like Peanut Butter and Jelly.. I've been into RC aircraft my entire life, we had clubs, fields, flying lessons, and a very strict set of rules and self enforcement that kept the government regulations at bay for decades.. It was every bit as professional, humble, welcoming, and courteous as the HAM scene for example.. but then cheap drones hit the market, and now the OG RC scene is just an island of reason in an ocean of insanity.. a shadow of its former self.. amazing how fast a rather expensive and highly skilled hobby had everything pulled out from under it once it became cheap and required no skills.
How soon those days are forgotten.

Perhaps another good Fireside Chat topic ...

js9234

Observer
You failed horribly at trying to sound smart and be an ass. Obviously not bright enough to come up with anything better.

You're not associated with them. You're all just a bunch of random nuts on the net.

Apparently no more than you think you're perfect, what with the school marm judgements of who is and isn't a "disgusting" person.

Pot, meet kettle.

MOAK

Adventurer
To answer any of this we need to ask why does Iran hate us?

60 years ago we were welcome.
What changed...
And why.
The Sha of Iran was put in place by the US. He was a brutal dictator that the US continued to support. In 1979 he was ousted by a vast majority in a voted upon democratic referendum. Bone up on your Middle East history just a bit and hopefully vote against anyone ever again that wants to continue to interfere in Middle East politics/war

762X39

Explorer
The Shah of Iran was put in place by the US. He was a brutal dictator that the US continued to support. In 1979 he was ousted by a vast majority in a voted upon democratic referendum. Bone up on your Middle East history just a bit and hopefully vote against anyone ever again that wants to continue to interfere in Middle East politics/war
Well at least someone knows the history. I think flying drones anywhere should be licensed and regulated. Oh wait ...it is...

perterra

Adventurer
Wow! I'm embarrassed to even be associated on a forum with some of you disgusting people. Y'all must really think you're perfect:rolleyes:

Actually I am pretty close to perfect, and if I ever learn to read I am gonna look up perfect in the dictionary and see if they have my photo beside it.

Seriously, they made a dumb mistake and all the gnashing of teeth and knuckle biting in the world isnt going to change their predicament. I think it's terrible for them and their families, but I doubt anyone in Iran gives a flyin F about what I think. Theres folks all over the world who are screwed, and many for reasons much more innocent than what these two did (like just being alive) so I for one am not going to start wailing for just these two. There are millions of innocents we should mourn, these two chose their path as naive as it may have been

jhmoore

Back to the article. It is really very strange that they did not even think that they would have problems after sending to flight the drone. After all, even in our country, a licence is required to make video recordings. And here to come to a foreign country, with a special political environment, and commit such acts.
Maybe they just wanted to check if they were really being arrested or not?

Or maybe, just maybe, they didn't actually fly the drone. Or maybe, just maybe, they did and actually had a permit. I've been following them for some time now. There's some evidence in their videos of them researching and following the rules. Can't say for this particular issue. My point throughout has been that the only information we have is utterly unreliable. We have no idea what actually occurred.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Or maybe, just maybe, they didn't actually fly the drone. Or maybe, just maybe, they did and actually had a permit. I've been following them for some time now. There's some evidence in their videos of them researching and following the rules. Can't say for this particular issue. My point throughout has been that the only information we have is utterly unreliable. We have no idea what actually occurred.
Ok so now they didn't commit a crime yet they are still locked up in an IRANIAN jail..... so what you are saying is that in IRAN a person ( even someone from a "western" country ) can get arrested for no reason and end up in jail or prison for a long time... WOW, who would have known that? Seems like maybe someone who is sane would avoid a place like that BECAUSE of that reason.... but I forget, it's our fault because we don't have pity for them and aren't wringing our hands in pity for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears