badm0t0rfinger's 2014 Raptor build

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Sounds like a massive change in plans! Please keep posting about your adventures and let me (and WalterWhite) know if you're going to be back in SD.

I more than likely will be at some point, I loved it out there. There is a job I applied for in Mojave, which I know isn't close but its close enough.

I just needed to travel plus my apartment lease was up and they raised it to 2975 and my 3650 a month wasn't going to cover that.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I don't recommend coming to Winnipeg if you come visit Canada, but if you do I'll buy you lunch and a few drinks!
Enjoy the continued shake down runs and traveling!
Ditto on Edmonton. If you want to come to Alberta, to head into BC I'd suggest Calgary. Then from Calgary you can head east west, pass through Banff, Kananaskis etc through the Rockies and into BC. Beautiful drive. If you're not in a rush, I'd detour off the Trans Canada and head east west on Hwy 40 for a while. ;)

Edited cause I'm dumb. ?‍♂️

Last edited:

ITTOG

Ditto on Edmonton. If you want to come to Alberta, to head into BC I'd suggest Calgary. Then from Calgary you can head east, pass through Banff, Kananaskis etc through the Rockies and into BC. Beautiful drive. If you're not in a rush, I'd detour off the Trans Canada and head east on Hwy 40 for a while. ;)
If they went west it would be much shorter and wouldn't require any boats. ;)

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
It all depends on who is in the playoffs come the first week of May.... I have an idea that the most likely place for that may be Ontario over Alberta or Manitoba....

But yes, if I make that call to head up that way I will drop a line to all y'all.

I went to a Cabela's today because my current sleeping bag ain't cutting it. Had great weather during the past week, but this week hasn't been so kind. Rain and mid 40s (F) for the most part since early Saturday Morning. I picked up a canvas style, 0 Degree sleeping bag for a bit too much, but I needed it TODAY so it was worth it.

ITTOG

It all depends on who is in the playoffs come the first week of May.... I have an idea that the most likely place for that may be Ontario over Alberta or Manitoba....

But yes, if I make that call to head up that way I will drop a line to all y'all.

I went to a Cabela's today because my current sleeping bag ain't cutting it. Had great weather during the past week, but this week hasn't been so kind. Rain and mid 40s (F) for the most part since early Saturday Morning. I picked up a canvas style, 0 Degree sleeping bag for a bit too much, but I needed it TODAY so it was worth it.
Which bag did you get? My bag is really good down to single digits but it is nylon, which I hate so I use a fleece liner. The liner is nice but it doesn't connect to the bag. Thus I have been thinking about a canvas bag with a fleece or flannel lining.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Which bag did you get? My bag is really good down to single digits but it is nylon, which I hate so I use a fleece liner. The liner is nice but it doesn't connect to the bag. Thus I have been thinking about a canvas bag with a fleece or flannel lining.

The house brand version... I think its called the Mountain Trapper or something like that. Outside feels like a pair of Carhartt overall bibs, has a nice flannel pattern on the inside. For just about 100 bucks its fine. I could have went with a slightly bigger one, I think the one I picked up is like 32 x 80, but with consideration of the size of the tent I didnt want it much longer so I could just leave it in there to pack up. Last night I slept well.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
View attachment 774426

You never know..... We had a pretty good season...

View attachment 774427
View attachment 774428

With the injuries piling up for the Avs I don't see how the Oilers wouldn't be the odds on favorites out of the West. That being said I wouldn't want to play either of the Kings or Knights. The Kings basically go to the playoffs without help of goaltending, and now that they actually do have it: watch out. The Knights also dealt with cap issues but now we are in the post season that doesn't matter plus they've figured a lot of things out that held them back early in the season.

I'm excited to see who comes out of the Tampa v Toronto series. Unlike last year where I said whoever wins that series wins the Cup, this year it seems whoever wins that series will face the Bruins. I think Toronto makes the jump to the second round but runs into the the Bruins. I just don't think the Bruins lose that series, or any other series for that matter. Looking at the East its just hard to really get excited when I think the Bruins are going to run the show. I think had the Islanders been their first round opponent you might see a 6 game series, but against Florida? Bruins in 5.

I think Carolina breezes by the Islanders in 5, and the Devils continue their hot streak and top the Rangers in 6. Devils and Carolina is going to be competitive but the skill and the experience are gonna top out and Carolina advances in 6.

ECF: Carolina vs Boston. Theres no reason to think Boston will get upset, so I have them advancing to the cup finals.

In the west, like I already said I don't think the Avs push the repeat button like the Lightning. I think they easily get past the Kraken in 5 or 6. Dallas vs Minnesota is probably going to my second favorite first round battle due to the history and where both these teams are at this time. I think Dallas is looking like dynasty in the making, Jake O is too good to not have some serious hardware before too long. Perhaps a Conn Smythe!? The Wild have Kirill the Thrill and a bunch of other great players, and this really is their time to make a push before the cap crunch from those contract buyouts really start to affect how they can build a team. That being said, Dallas in 7.

Winnipeg vs Knights is gonna be a killer series. Even with the Jets not being "those Jets" from a few years back that looked like they could go far year to year, they still have the Goalie Connor and he should never be counted out. The Knights have a bit more talent throughout the lines but WAY less experience between the pipes, and that could be a huge deciding factor. That being said I think that one goes on for a bit, but Knights in 7 unless Hellybuck goes full Vezina/Conn Smythe mode and ruins my bracket.

Oilers vs Kings. The Oilers have goaltending, its not the guy they paid 25 mil for but whatever they got Skinner and they can figure out the rest later. They have three 100 point guys and probably another 2 players in Hyman and Kane who could have been there too and a handful of playmakers. The Kings are the same story, they thought they had the future in Cal Pederson, they thought they had the past in Quick. But both floundered and Copley came out of nowhere really (I know he has time in the league but not enough to have much of a track record) and he produced but started to slow down. They got Korpisalo to take on more of the load and I think that tandem is REALLY good... I just don't know if they have enough defense to shut down McDavid, and thats why I have Oilers in 6.

I think Avs get upset by the Stars, and the Oilers drill past the Knights.

WCF: Oilers vs Dallas, we see a more matured Stars team that went to the finals just a few years back take on an Oilers team that is ********** dab in the middle of their window. I think this may be one of the best series in the playoffs it comes to be, but I think the 3 headed monster on the Oilers are too much for the Stars, and Connor McJesus goes to his first Stanley Cup Final.

SCF: Oilers vs Boston. I'm not gonna pussyfoot around this one. Bruins in 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger