badm0t0rfinger's 2014 Raptor build

Kingsize24

View attachment 833245

Cleaned out the truck, aired out the tent. I need to remember to air it out more often as the humidity out here can really take a toll compared to SoCal. Had a bit of a funky musk, so I cleaned the hard parts with diluted bleach and the fabric with diluted vinegar.

How do you like that Leitner Designs rack? Think with the cross bars full forward you could still put a motorcycle or a small 4 wheeler in it?

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I ended up taking some desiccant from work that was headed to the dumpster; it was outside its "usable lifespan" as far as aerospace is concerned, but just fine after a few hours in the oven at 250F for me. I hope it helps quell the condensation issue going forward.

How do you like that Leitner Designs rack? Think with the cross bars full forward you could still put a motorcycle or a small 4 wheeler in it?
I like it a fair bit. Its good, modular and pretty robust. Mine is getting a bit old, have thought about taking it off to either replace it with their newer model or just refresh/repaint and replace some of the hardware. The modularity has been a huge upside and it ever plays nice with a lot of other rack or general overland gear and accessories.

The rear bars have knobs on them so its pretty easy to move forward; you could absolutely put a bike in there. Depending on the width of the bed and how wide the atv is, you could probably do it. The storage boxes aren't huge, but they do extend inwards into the bed area a bit, so that may cause fitment issues.

I've wondered that as well. Curious if there's any rack setup that would somehow allow a motorcycle in the bed and then two kayaks above it?

At the same time? Probably not. Depends how you load the bike, the height of the handlebars... Like could you fit a smaller dirt bike and some kayaks at the same time? definitely maybe.

Kingsize24

I ended up taking some desiccant from work that was headed to the dumpster; it was outside its "usable lifespan" as far as aerospace is concerned, but just fine after a few hours in the oven at 250F for me. I hope it helps quell the condensation issue going forward.

I like it a fair bit. Its good, modular and pretty robust. Mine is getting a bit old, have thought about taking it off to either replace it with their newer model or just refresh/repaint and replace some of the hardware. The modularity has been a huge upside and it ever plays nice with a lot of other rack or general overland gear and accessories.

The rear bars have knobs on them so its pretty easy to move forward; you could absolutely put a bike in there. Depending on the width of the bed and how wide the atv is, you could probably do it. The storage boxes aren't huge, but they do extend inwards into the bed area a bit, so that may cause fitment issues.

At the same time? Probably not. Depends how you load the bike, the height of the handlebars... Like could you fit a smaller dirt bike and some kayaks at the same time? definitely maybe.

Thank you!!! I'm going to start looking for a used one for the beater I think.

Kingsize24

Hey I saw a truck today that had the height extenders [for the crossbars] on it and with that I think that could definitely help with clearances.

I'm looking at that currently. I'm also going to look at one soon that is for sale for 1k, it's the newest version so I'm not sure what all was changed, but it's what is avaliable. If I can fit a motorcycle or a 4wheeler in back and still get a kayak on I'll be stoked.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Just to follow up, the 3rd oil change came out clean after 30 minutes of riding. I put new oil in after that and she is riding like before it flooded. Luckily I saved it.

View attachment 833808

I will stop messing up your thread now. Oh, it was the one on the right.
It's fine. I enjoy jet ski content.

That's an awesome set up. Glad it's cleaned up. Excited to wrench on my RXT in 2 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears