badm0t0rfinger's 2014 Raptor build

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Though, what is the collective opinions of cradle skid plates? worth it? just adding weight?
Like this? This is factory on my bike:

Norden 3.jpg

Depends on how you intend to use it I guess? Mine came with it as part of the package and it's probably a overkill for the riding I do.
I'm not going over any logs or anything. But it'll help protects from rocks / gravel hitting anything when riding on gravel or hard packed dirt forest roads.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
received_1456981801841663.jpeg

I'm getting pretty good at this stand up thing. I mean I'm not good overall... but I can stand up.

Truck will hit 100k miles in the next few weeks. Gotta do some of the normal stuff like oil change but some bigger stuff like plugs and coolant are on the docket. I also need to change the front and rear diff fluid. Recently did the transfer case so that should be solid for the time being.

I would do it all myself but I've been pretty beat up at work. Lots of small spaces and nooks and crannies I need to shimmy into to install equipment.

And then on the weekend I fall off jet skis.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
View attachment 825247

I'm getting pretty good at this stand up thing. I mean I'm not good overall... but I can stand up.

Truck will hit 100k miles in the next few weeks. Gotta do some of the normal stuff like oil change but some bigger stuff like plugs and coolant are on the docket. I also need to change the front and rear diff fluid. Recently did the transfer case so that should be solid for the time being.

I would do it all myself but I've been pretty beat up at work. Lots of small spaces and nooks and crannies I need to shimmy into to install equipment.

And then on the weekend I fall off jet skis.
received_1456981801841663.jpg

Tom Hardy, is that you?

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Recently went on a fishing trip/debauchery trip to Nashville with some buddies and ended renting a base model Power Boost F150. I'm not gonna lie I hated it the first day. Everything felt very basic, which is to be expected of a rental vehicle, but man that android auto is such a game changer I feel as though I almost have to do that upgrade. Anyways, after putting a few hundred miles on that truck I realized the engine is probably better than what I have in the Raptor. It's quiet, has GOBS of power and was shockingly fuel efficient; the fuel gauge indicated 630 miles to empty while after filling it up. Just over 22.5 MPG on the highway. I really grew to enjoy it.

20240412_101804.jpg
Anyways, got back in town and knocked out the 100k service. Did the spark plugs (I'll pay the next time), coolant flush, tire rotate and looked into a weird high fan always on [when the fan kicks on] issue I've been having the last few weeks. The high fan kicks on within seconds of the truck turning on, even when its been "cold" here and running continuously. I couldn't even go through the drivethru with how loud it was. I previously drove around with a scan gauge to watch the temps and they never went above 202, so it wasn't an overheating issue. I thought it might be a thermal expansion valve, but I wasn't seeing anything that would have indicated that on the scan gauge either. I ended up sort of giving up and just planning on scheduling the service at ford.... well after I did the coolant flush I haven't had the fans kick on like that since. I've had them kick on while in traffic of course, but not onto high when its 50 degrees out.

Kingsize24

Interesting issue with the fans. Especially after no issues since a coolant flush. But hopefully whatever it was that fixed it.

As far as Android Auto, I've never had anything with it in to use it. You have me curious though, and wondering if I can run some of my offroad navigation on it. Sounds like it mirrors your phone? Am I understand what I'm reading about it correctly?

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Interesting issue with the fans. Especially after no issues since a coolant flush. But hopefully whatever it was that fixed it.

As far as Android Auto, I've never had anything with it in to use it. You have me curious though, and wondering if I can run some of my offroad navigation on it. Sounds like it mirrors your phone? Am I understand what I'm reading about it correctly?
Yes, it mirrors the phone completely. The interface between phone and vehicles screen is pretty intuitive. I know the Sync 2s can be upgraded to Sync 3 pretty seamlessly. I haven't used my trucks navigation in close to a year now because its so clunky and the accuracy is suspect.

Kingsize24

Yes, it mirrors the phone completely. The interface between phone and vehicles screen is pretty intuitive. I know the Sync 2s can be upgraded to Sync 3 pretty seamlessly. I haven't used my trucks navigation in close to a year now because its so clunky and the accuracy is suspect.

Well I'm thinking of replacing the 430N unit in the PW since it's now 13yrs old and none of the navigation maps are even close to accurate. I may have to look into something that still allows use of all the audio controls and the 9 speaker Alpine system in the truck, and adds this Carplay. You had me looking at YouTube videos on some last night. 😆

ITTOG

Well I'm thinking of replacing the 430N unit in the PW since it's now 13yrs old and none of the navigation maps are even close to accurate. I may have to look into something that still allows use of all the audio controls and the 9 speaker Alpine system in the truck, and adds this Carplay. You had me looking at YouTube videos on some last night. 😆

Just to be clear, Android Auto does NOT mirror your phone, unless a new update has been pushed in the last week or two. It uses your phone to load approved apps for use through your radio system. To truly mirror your phone, you need to purchase aftermarket add on products. As an example, you cannot run Fitbit on your radio system with Android Auto but you can on a product that mirrors your phone.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Sync 4 is pretty good. Enjoying it on my truck. So on that note:

A)

Screenshot 2024-04-17 085403.png

or 2)

Screenshot 2024-04-17 085532.png

For me it would be the Tremor with the factory winch bumper:

2024-Ford-F-150-Tremor-modular-bumper-winch.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kingsize24

Just to be clear, Android Auto does NOT mirror your phone, unless a new update has been pushed in the last week or two. It uses your phone to load approved apps for use through your radio system. To truly mirror your phone, you need to purchase aftermarket add on products. As an example, you cannot run Fitbit on your radio system with Android Auto but you can on a product that mirrors your phone.

Thank you! I know nothing about it, but just said mirroring more because it's what I was reading when trying to understand what all it offered.
Appreciate the clarification.

Sync 4 is pretty good. Enjoying it on my truck. So on that note:

A)

View attachment 830290

or 2)

View attachment 830292

For me it would be the Tremor with the factory winch bumper:

View attachment 830297

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And I agree. The last one!

YetiX

I have CarPlay in my truck. It's great when I'm off roading or hunting because I can display OnX Off-Road or OnX Hunt on my big ol' screen where it's super easy to see rather than on my tiny little phone. It's also great for navigation as it "mirrors" either Google Maps or Apple Maps to the big screen. Now that I've had it for a couple of years, I cannot imagine having a daily driver without it.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I am not trying to say what is on your phone screen is on your dash screen; I am saying I put a destination in on my maps app (google maps or GAIA) and bam its on the screen. Or if I pull up spotify it will show album (albeit differently than how its displayed on my phone) and if I make a change on either it will mirror the action. With SYNC 2 I can't see album art, there is no connectivity between [google] maps and navigation. I feel like in my truck I can use my phone while in the vehicle whereas the newer truck it was integrated into the experience.

All the buttons and interface is "the same". It feels like a hard mounted android tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior