badm0t0rfinger's 2014 Raptor build

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
How them bed supports holding up? I have always kind of wanted some. Don't feel they are really needed for me since my RTT and rack come off when I'm driving around town so there's no real weight. Did you see any flexing on the bedsides that made you get them?
They're great. If you get some I HIGHLY recommend Grove Fabworks. I know they're all roughly the same, but they're a small shop, they helped me out and I'll rep them. Do you need them? probably not, but they do help with bed flex. I liked that they allowed me to tie in the rack more securely than 2 nutserts that come with it, and that was the main reason why I added them.

I wish I could pull the tent in between trips, but I just don't have the space to stow it.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I had no idea they even made stand up models anymore. I like it!
There are a few minor brands make them these days; rickter, kommander and krash come to mind. Of the big boys only kawasaki and Yamaha continue to produce them. Kawi made the jump to 4 stroke in 2016 for the 2017 model year with the SXR 1500. Yamaha makes the Superjet which transitioned to 4 stroke in 2020 after being 2 stroke until 2018 or 2019. The super jet is definitely the more traditional of the 2 major ones. I went with the SXR because it rides a bit better for river riding which I'd be more likely to do.

Superjet is about 8 inches shorter and 2 inches narrower and about 50 less hp.

4-stroke-superjet-review.jpg

Last edited:

Kingsize24

There are a few minor brands make them these days; rickter, kommander and krash come to mind. Of the big boys only kawadaki and Yamaha continue to produce them. Kawi made the jump to 4 stroke in 2016 for the 2017 model year with the SXR 1500. Yamaha makes the Superjet which transitioned to 4 stroke in 2020 after being 2 stroke until 2018 or 2019. The super jet is definitely the more traditional of the 2 major ones. I went with the SXR because it rides a bit better for river riding which I'd be more likely to do.

Superjet is about 8 inches shorter and 2 inches narrower and about 50 less hp.

View attachment 820294

That's cool as heck. I've not ridden one since my 20's, so I'd be a lost cause, but I remember the balance it took to stand on one. Had to be quick, and not pull to one side harder than the other. Keep the nose up unless you want to endo like the chick above. 🤣

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
That's cool as heck. I've not ridden one since my 20's, so I'd be a lost cause, but I remember the balance it took to stand on one. Had to be quick, and not pull to one side harder than the other. Keep the nose up unless you want to endo like the chick above. 🤣
The newer ones, especially the SuperJet are monumentally easier to ride than the older 2 strokes. I'm sure you could get back on one if you had the chance. The old ones you had to be on power to not fall over so you had to go all in, something that didn't always jive with natural instincts.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Yeah me too. I guess that is why I have two of them. They are 2006 models and run as well as any brand new one.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Those early 4-tec engines are SHOCKINGLY stout. I think because they were competing with Honda and Polaris on top of Kawasaki and Yamaha, they upped their game for the early generation 4 strokes. I mean some people talked about 4 strokes in watercraft like some people talk about EVs these days!

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Also crazy how much the styling looks like the XP DI, which is one of my favorites of all time.

2004_SeaDoo_XP_DI.jpg

I'm incredibly fond of the mid 90s SeaDoos and the early 00s Yamahas as that was the era my family owned them/bought from those years. but even at like 13 or 14 I knew I liked this one a lot. I'd pick one up if a decent one came up for sale. The other one I want to try out of curiosity is the 3D. I've heard a wide range of opinions on those skis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior