Best privacy tent/shower/toilet enclosure? Best compact "toilet" for WAG bags?

zimm17

Observer
After the last multi-day off-road rally I attended with group Porta-pottys, I'm going to be bringing my own. I have a Jeep, so space is tight. I want a privacy shelter to set up along with my tent (yes, I'm a tenter). Easy set up and break down, good in wind, and if I can use a shower in it, that's even better.

Also- Any toilets better than clean-waste's folding plastic job? I don't have room for a 5 gallon bucket in the Jeep.

Bigly

Wannabe
We do the 3 legged folding seat thing with river WAG bags from Restop. Works great. That with a small pop up tent/shower/toilet shelter works great. Bags go in a Trasharoo type of bag on the spare tire then go into the trash can at the next gas station.

zimm17

Observer
Looks like Nemo Heliopolis is the privacy tent to get. I like to get good stuff. I got more research to do....

The 3 legged thing is the clean waste suitcase right? Do you like the restop wags better than clean waste?

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
Do you camp alone? How big is your tent? I use a 5-gallon bucket with a screw-on lid and, believe it or not, I use it in my tent. If you do it right it works fine. Line the bucket with a plastic grocery store bag and put in some sawdust. Dispose of the bag as soon as you can. Store the bucket outside the tent. I've done this with 2, 3, and 4-person tents. If there are people around I bathe outdoors after dark. I thought about getting a shower/toilet tent but I'm trying to simplify my setup.

JackW

Explorer
My sister and I both have the Joolca shower tent - she uses hers a lot more than I do and says its the best shower tent she has seen at any of the many events and campgrounds they have been to.
I had a Pa Ha Que shower tent that was a bit of a pain to set up - the Joolca is sturdier and sets up much faster. I carry a porta-potti in my small Eriba Puck travel trailer and set the tent up for the wife when I can talk her into going camping.

Blowby

Another happy Joolca owner here,as we have the Joolca ensuite and use one side of the ensuite for the shower and the other for the porta potty.Has worked out well for us but we do use it while camping in our van so have the room which makes it easier.

highwest

We use one of these because it seems to be a similar size to a regular toilet. It’s good with and without WAG bags, if that’s appropriate for your area.

Amazon link

nwoods

Expedition Leader
That Joocla seems pretty sweet

zimm17

Observer
We use a little folding toilet from Black Pine. It is one of our favorite pieces.
That looks perfect for me but I can’t find one. Amazon and Walmart out of stock. Seems the truckers are buying them up according to reviews. Upon further review, it's been discontinued.

Last edited:

burleyman

We do the 3 legged folding seat thing with river WAG bags from Restop. Works great. That with a small pop up tent/shower/toilet shelter works great. Bags go in a Trasharoo type of bag on the spare tire then go into the trash can at the next gas station.

All that without the bags. Post hole diggers with handles shortened to just enough for a neat vertical sided hole, much smaller than the folding toilet's legs spread. Deep enough hole can last for a while, with a little coverage in between. Paper in the hole. Animals have a hard time digging due to the small diameter hole after filling and packing.

Without a bag, a reach-around possible. A longtime friend laughed at the privacy tent and recommended a bag on the head.

zimm17

Observer
Well in a crowded parking lot or group camping area, there's no digging holes. But privacy tents are all over the place.

dstefan

We’ve liked this one for 6 years. Sturdy, comfortable, and folds up very slim and compact

Edit: for some reason the link wont post correctly. It’s listed on Amazon as:

GREEN ELEPHANT Portable Toilet for Camping​

Last edited:

Bigly

Wannabe
To clarify, ours is the Fold n Go model of 3 leg toilet. Low to the ground and be careful how you tilt as it's a tripod.

We have tried the WAG bags and the RESTOP2 are the absolute best. They hold in the odor much better than any of the others. They start to stink pretty quick so be closer to a dumpster. On the other hand, those others do hold more do-do so if you and your SO poop a lot, then maybe you'll want those. If you do go with the non RESTOP then throw in some extra Poo Powder to help cut down the stink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior