Best privacy tent/shower/toilet enclosure? Best compact "toilet" for WAG bags?

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Wally world folding toilet plus ammo can for used bags. No smells. Joolca is the cream of the crop for a tent. Love mine. These have been my tool of choice in Greater Canyonlands where it's required in most areas and best practice when it's not. Joolca now have a sweet shower pan thing now too so dual use. Tempted by their hot tub now 😂

zimm17

Observer
I ordered the clean waste toilet, I already have the bags. I'm thinking for my next solo overland trip to pack the family 6 person REI tent and use that instead of my 2-person sized ultra-light backpacking tent and also setting up a toilet privy. Until I get to the point where I have the gear to take outdoor showers, I think I can hold off on the privacy shelter. The little extra time and effort for the big tent will be easier than setting up 2 "tents".

I'd love a Springbar tent, but funds are tight right now. Need to pay off the holiday expenses first, so in the meantime the REI basecamp will work with a toilet in the corner. Heck, I might even back my cot along for extra comfort.

We have a OVRLND pop-up camper on our F250. I found this fold up toilet on Amazon and just use a 5 gal bucket with a HD plastic bag under the lid. Other than the bucket taking up space, the toilet folds up into a nice small package that fits in a carry bag. We then use the Tractor supply pelletized bedding for to soak up the urine, has a nice pine smell (and cheap). When someone does a dump we then bag it up. And start all over again...... JeffScreen Shot 2024-01-06 at 8.52.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-01-06 at 8.52.27 AM.png

DCH109

Adventurer
I have a cleanwaste unit myself and like it. Packs small and fits in the Jeep fine. I use a army can to hold the waste bags until I find a place to dispose of them. Seals tight and no smell (I add some deodorizer in there).
For a tent I use one of those popups that fold into a circle. Few guide lines and it is fairly wind resistant. Light and takes zero room in the Jeep. Plus it is camouflaged LOL,
Advantage is I can also use it as a shower tent and have a little bamboo mat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior