Big custom camper sightings

matt s

Explorer
Wasilla Alaska at the local diner. Saw this pull in and had to take a snap. Did not see or meet the owners. My first time seeing one in real life. That thing is huge!

647224126_5j6sF-L.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I know, that's why I said I've never seen one. Guess they had no takers on the Dodge chassis.

I know this isnt an Earthroamer, but it would be a good start with an already built vehicle on a Dodge Chassis

607523366_9NpgR-L.jpg

I think the name of the company is Excursion Campers and I bet you could get them to build you one on a Dodge 4x4 chassis

Saw this one in Cheyenne a few weeks back and thought it was an Earthroamer at first, but once we got closer to it, I knew it wasnt. Just thought I'd post what one might look like on the Dodge

DrMoab

Explorer
I'd take the Dodge over a Ford any day of the week.

I saw an Earth Roamer just out of Las Vegas two days ago heading north on I-15

boblynch

Adventurer
Now that you said that, I do notice the Pumpkin in the front axle! Just needs a lift and some of those sweet tires that Earthroamer uses and you'd probably save yourself a hundred grand

The vehicle is an Xplorer camper from Startracks. Search the old threads as I think they've been discussed before. Also might want to PM ExPo member jayshapiro as I know he's had experience with them. Suggest moving any other discussion of this rig to a separate thread.

EarthRoamers in Canyonlands

I ran into more than a dozen EarthRoamers in Canyonlands last week. Here's a picture of 13 XV-LTs and 1 XV-JP at the start of the Shafer Trail.

...actually, the annual EarthRoamer Owner's Rally was held near Moab this year. 17 XV-LT's and 3 XV-JP's showed up.

-Bill-

Attachments

• IMG_62930520308737.jpg
    IMG_62930520308737.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 496

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I was riding home from work the other day and spotted this Jeep at the Sulphur Caldron in Yellowstone.

The bike is my work vehicle:bike_rider:

657012637_VjMSs-L.jpg

657013997_av2j8-L.jpg

657010571_V3dcJ-L.jpg

Can someone answer this for me? Why does this Jeep have the sticker for AEV on its windshield? Does ER and AEV have a partnership or something? Or can you buy the back section from ER and put it on your own Jeep?

Scott Brady

Founder
AEV did a HEMI conversion on it, and I believe Dana 60s.

The EarthRoamer does use many AEV products in the build of the XV-JP. The AEV stuff is best of breed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior