Bowen NotSoFlat Bed Revisited

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Looking awesome MH!
PS--I can attest to the HPI price tag, but I needed a custom flatbed vs a custom Bowen hybrid(excellent value for what they created).

eyemgh

Looking awesome MH!
PS--I can attest to the HPI price tag, but I needed a custom flatbed vs a custom Bowen hybrid(excellent value for what they created).

He does everything from standard flatbeds to the hybrid camper bed replacement. The one I got is one of many possibilities from him.

eyemgh

Agreed, good read and the results shows off very well in that piece.

I'm more of a long box guy but the long departure angle on the bed makes the fit look perfect. And I love the clean rear wall - that's the beauty of the storage bed, plus the spare being underdeck. Paint's the icing.

Over all, dynamite.

Just to clarify, that is an 8’ bed and camper, but on a short bed truck.

Crux

Saw the Bowen flatbed at overland expo this weekend. The craftsmanship is amazing and the utility of having side boxes with a slide in, but at stock bed height is fantastic.
My only reservation is the attachment points. Using four small L-track d-rings to secure a 1500-2200 lb truck camper seems sketchy. Any thoughts?

E8ECE8B6-3627-42A4-A3F7-5BE2C6DC8DA5.jpeg

tacollie

Glamper
I saw their beds this weekend too. They are better than I expected. I'm sure Bowen could tell you the working load and breaking load of whatever they're using. If they are using a double stud it's probably rated for around 2800lbs.

eyemgh

That looks like Jason’s truck. It doesn’t carry a camper. All of them have that track. It has something to do with mounting the bed to the frame and adds utility when a camper is off. Mine bolts through and is held underneath with four 4”x6” plates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior