Build of the X-Lander 80

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Finally getting started building my next 80. Pretty excited to say the least, I am going to try to build in phases and at least have it far enough along to end up in Tucson in April... :sombrero:

I've never named a vehicle, and not sure I will... For now X-Lander 80!!! We'll see if it sticks. :)

1997 CE FZJ 80 001.jpg

1997 CE FZJ 80 033.jpg

Last edited:

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Nice, should I start saving for it? :elkgrin: Bummed I missed the last one, but just don't have the cash for a new truck right now.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Are you going to have Christo and Gary drop in the 2UZFE while you're in "build" mode? :coffeedrink:

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Start saving Bill!!! Ha!!! :sombrero:

No plans for the V8... At some point I will go through the motor and probably add a super charger, if I can find one.

I really like the steelies, ended up having to run 1 1/2" spacers but might have to reduce them to 1".

pint

Adventurer
Nice, very nice. That is my favorite 80 series combo...1997 CE in "off white." Anyone know what that color is actually called? Keep up the good work!

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Daddy likely!!

Love the color too!

Locked? Mileage?

:drool:

When searching for a new 80 I looked for one with out the factory lockers. Never been a fan of them so I will add the ARB lockers when I do the axel service and gears.

The mileage is about 150k, so some motor work may be in my future.

Mind me asking what size tires you are running in that 2nd pic?

Not at all, they are 35 x 10.50 x 16 and are Super Swamper SSR's on 16 x 7 Toyota wheels. I'm not crazy about the tires, I've had a set before. However the size is hard to find in another brand and I am planning also to run a set of AT's on the factory aluminum wheels.

Brian894x4

Explorer
What country is it from? Or did someone add the side marker lights and door strip tape?

Looks like a fun project!

alexrex20

Explorer
are those wheels 6x5.5 with a 4in opening? i've been trying to find OEM steelies (read: cheap) at used tire stores, but never know which vehicle to ask about...

what truck are they off, and anybody know the backspacing? thanks!

Grease Cruiser

Adventurer
are those wheels 6x5.5 with a 4in opening? i've been trying to find OEM steelies (read: cheap) at used tire stores, but never know which vehicle to ask about...

what truck are they off, and anybody know the backspacing? thanks!

They are the spare tire rims off of Tacomas and 4Runners. Toyota part # 42601-35750 They can be found on ebay or your local salvage yards with a few Taco's and Runners.

They are 16X7 and have 4.5" backspacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears