Cadac Safari Chef Grill

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
It looks like Amazon may be clearing out the lightweight model. Cadac website pictures the HP version. There are 2 versions. $76 compared to $90 - may go with the HP, if it is the newer, better version.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
When I click through to add the Safari Chef Grill on the Cadac USA website to the shopping cart, it comes up model 5025, not 6541HP.

http://www.safari-chef.com/cadac-safari-chef.html

And the "HP" has a lower shipping weight than the alleged "lightweight" model. I cannot be sure but I think they are the same thing. Wouldn't be the first time Amazon has multiple listings of the same item. Or maybe the South African version has a different part number than the US version, I don't know. I can't see any difference in the pictures.

Last edited:

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
We've been using one of these for a couple of years and really like it. For what its worth I wrote a review on expo here.

If you can find one for $30 that's a great deal!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Well, found a local store that will sell me the display model for $53 and am debating about buying it. When I was looking the stove over it seemed to be of cheaper quality than I expected, the lid that is supposed to be a wok is a bit of a joke and the legs seem like they would bend if the stove were accidentally knocked over. And the lack of some sort of a wind blocker seems inefficient.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
We've been using one of these for a couple of years and really like it. For what its worth I wrote a review on expo here.

If you can find one for $30 that's a great deal!

Thanks Graham. Your review answered my 2 year old question - it will work with a bulk propane tank.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Well, found a local store that will sell me the display model for $53 and am debating about buying it. When I was looking the stove over it seemed to be of cheaper quality than I expected, the lid that is supposed to be a wok is a bit of a joke and the legs seem like they would bend if the stove were accidentally knocked over. And the lack of some sort of a wind blocker seems inefficient.

You shouldn't buy it then. Where did you see this on sale for $53.00?

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk

I am curious what you are expecting for $53? Please let us know where there is a better quality grill for that kind of money.

kilimats

Observer
I took a quick look at both model and can already see some major cons

the coleman BTU is 5k compared to 7k with the safari, the lid cannot be used as a cooking bol

The O-grill cost twice more, looks a lot heavier/bigger thus less portable and like the coleman the BBQ grill drippings drip directly on the burner so after a couple of uses the burner will most likely clog up (the safari has a deflector to prevent that)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78