Calif Gun Rights=bill SB 249

FellowTraveler

Explorer
10-4

It would be nice if the extraneous discussion moved to another thread. It's mildly entertaining at times, but it's a distraction from the task at hand for those of us in California working to stop this bill from becoming passing.

Today's action for concerned Californians is to visit www.StopSB240.org and email the members of the Assembly Appropriations Committee.

I sir admittedly get carried away and will refrain from further distraction on this thread and sincerely hope you have some success with the effort.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
It looks like SB 249 has been pulled from the Appropriations Committee agenda for today. Since all bills must be passed out of committee by midnight Friday, and there are no more Appropriations Committee meetings scheduled before then, it looks like this bill is off the table for this year.

Based on comments from staffers I spoke with there was an outpouring of opposition to SB 249. The legislative analyst's report was not positive. I think these were the two factors leading to it being withdrawn.

I do expect Yee will make another run at this next year.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
It looks like SB 249 has been pulled from the Appropriations Committee agenda for today. Since all bills must be passed out of committee by midnight Friday, and there are no more Appropriations Committee meetings scheduled before then, it looks like this bill is off the table for this year.

Based on comments from staffers I spoke with there was an outpouring of opposition to SB 249. The legislative analyst's report was not positive. I think these were the two factors leading to it being withdrawn.

Thanks for the update - that is great news! Your vigilance is sincerely appreciated...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist

:victory: (until next year?)

sfsmedic

Adventurer
There is a good and a bad to this. It wasn't shot down in court so now it can be rewritten and resubmitted next year. However it is a win, for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior