Calling all Ford Rangers!

rmoore

not a Ford but a Mazda - built by Ford

Lets see all the Ford Rangers on this forum. I know there are a few out there.

cropped 2.jpg

Photo taken in central Australia. Swags on the roof; towing my 1.4 t supply trailer/kitchen. 2nd spare on rim is covered by tonneau over tub of ute. Lightforce HIS spotlights on ARB bullbar.

32vsnake

Adventurer
IMG_4809.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

ttravis5446

Adventurer
These are some nice Rangers you guys have. I have to admit I have found myself checking out Rangers more and more frequently lately.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Are you referencing to 32vsnake?

I was going to do a platform, still may but opted for the bed space when not traveling/camping. I did a homemade system instead.
ra8u9ysa.jpg
3a9emabu.jpg
uzuvezu3.jpg

32vsnake

Adventurer
I know mine is built more desert ready, but I've done plenty of trails with my Jeep buddies in it as well. Love the size, wish I could fit my family in it though...

I love this truck...2003 FX4. No lift, just 33's and fenders to fit fit them. Limited slip in the rear. GREAT vehicles and incredibly under rated.

Nice truck Socal.... are the front fenders 3"? Do you have any other pics from the side?

32vsnake

Adventurer
Are you referencing to 32vsnake?

I was going to do a platform, still may but opted for the bed space when not traveling/camping. I did a homemade system instead. [

Like that setup...where did you source the cot from?
I used to have a platform in the truck... but it was a pain when I wanted to use the truck as a truck. So it got tossed

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I have one now!!

But it's not my ExPo vehicle, it's my DD and maybe, in the future, I might take some extended trips with it. However, since it's a 2wd I'd be limited to the pavement or well-graded dirt roads.

Here she is as she sits now:

20130920_144853_zps6510faef.jpg

Technically not a Ranger, she's a Mazda B2300 but of course that's just a Ranger with a different grille. From the firewall back it's 100% ranger.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Like that setup...where did you source the cot from?
I used to have a platform in the truck... but it was a pain when I wanted to use the truck as a truck. So it got tossed

Same reason I decided against it. I picked the cot up for $10 on Craigslist and then cut the center leg up and refitted it using a piece of PVC and some pipe flanges mounted on the bed itself. Still need to make up a new piece of fabric and finish the project. Haven't had a chance to utilize it yet.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Here are a few of mine.

Exploring a mine in Colorado
Mine.jpg

Heading down Schofield Pass in Colorado
Schoefield Pass.jpg

Camping in Nevada (Dad in second Ranger)
Camp.jpg

Sleeping platform, under construction, before the refrigerator
SP-done.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle