Calling all Ford Rangers!

appleyard77

SPACEKAP PIC1.jpgSEPT FISHING TRIP 2013 096.jpg 2009 ford ranger 4x4 sport with spacekap camper with Pure Sine inverter 2 6volt US 2000 agm batteries,NOCO Genius G26000 charger, fridge ,microwave , 26"led tv and blu ray player and a bedrug on the floor, I have spent the last 3 summers traveling around northern Ontario fishing and the lite weight kap makes it great at the boat launches and secure for sleeping in the back country

Last edited:

DirtbagHB

Bumping an old thread i know :)

2006 ranger FX4, level2, 4x4, A/T, 4.10, Super-Cab. Installed flip-pac for camping=great not to sleep on the ground. Added a Raptor style hood.
installed duel batteries, Added a Bedrug, is easy on the knees.

Sold Flip-Pac. possible will sell truck=now

brian.

I was wondering what it took for the dual battery install on your ranger, in terms of relocating the battery, building box, ect. Mine is is the 03 FX4 L2 so pretty much the same. I also noticed that one of your wires is labeled "to fridge" is/ was that located in the cab? If so which brand model did you go with?

32vsnake

Adventurer
View attachment 209436View attachment 209437 2009 ford ranger 4x4 sport with spacekap camper , i have spent the last 3 summers traveling around northern Ontario fishing and the lite weight kap makes it great at the boat launches and secure for sleeping in the back country

That's a cool camper!

Updates on my ranger since I last posted. Got the torsen front LSD installed, new 235/85/16 cooper s/t maxx tires, built a rack and added and RTT. Need to finish the rack as I picked up some rotopax fuel containers that will be mounted on the rack. Also have a set of coil overs waiting to be installed at some point and then I think I'm done with the truck for awhile

20140322_122630.jpg

And loaded up for a weekend outing before the switch to the coopers

20140315_122239.jpg

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
I was wondering what it took for the dual battery install on your ranger, in terms of relocating the battery, building box, ect. Mine is is the 03 FX4 L2 so pretty much the same. I also noticed that one of your wires is labeled "to fridge" is/ was that located in the cab? If so which brand model did you go with?

You didn't ask me, but I will answer about my truck.

My second battery is in the bed, under the sleeping platform in the right front corner. (Link) It is isolated and charged via an ACR. (Link)

DirtbagHB

That is awesome!! It looks a lot like the platform I have in my truck. Any fume issues with it dis/recharging being under the sleeping platform.
platform.jpg
IMG_1364.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
That is awesome!! It looks a lot like the platform I have in my truck. Any fume issues with it dis/recharging being under the sleeping platform.
View attachment 220340
View attachment 220341
View attachment 220342
View attachment 220343
View attachment 220344
View attachment 220345

Wow - your truck looks a whole lot like my truck!

I have not noticed any problems from the battery (venting, etc.) I am considering running tubing from the battery vents to the outside - just to be completely safe.

DirtbagHB

I've been seeing what looks like some rotating the stock battery sideways as being able to slip another one next to it. Your set up is very clean and I might steal it last resort, just hoping to keep battery out of the bed

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
I've been seeing what looks like some rotating the stock battery sideways as being able to slip another one next to it. Your set up is very clean and I might steal it last resort, just hoping to keep battery out of the bed

That's not a bad idea. In my truck, I don't have room to do that due to rearranging things for the V8 swap.

Also, I didn't want to add another 50 lbs onto the front suspension.

RedF

Adventurer
That's a cool camper!

Updates on my ranger since I last posted. Got the torsen front LSD installed, new 235/85/16 cooper s/t maxx tires, built a rack and added and RTT. Need to finish the rack as I picked up some rotopax fuel containers that will be mounted on the rack. Also have a set of coil overs waiting to be installed at some point and then I think I'm done with the truck for awhile

20140322_122630.jpg

And loaded up for a weekend outing before the switch to the coopers

20140315_122239.jpg

How are your rock sliders installed? Welded or bolted?

brian90744

American Trekker
Refrig was in the cap/shell. Pics of duel battery info= hope this helps

Bumping an old thread i know :)

Attachments

• 7battery box1 copy.jpg
    7battery box1 copy.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 9battery box2.jpg
    9battery box2.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 51
  • batt box cut 2.jpg
    batt box cut 2.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 2battery box3.jpg
    2battery box3.jpg