campsite pics..lets see um

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Mount McKinley at 14k camp. I used a Black Diamond Megamid tent as the roof, snow blocks for walls and a snow pit with bench seating. This was the best cook tent we had on the mountain.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
big sky trapper said:
The ultimate minamalist campsite. A 4 day treck into the bob marshall wilderness last year over new years weekend. In montana blizard conditions. a sleeping bag and a tarp and just slept under the fir trees for shelter at nights end. Ramen noodles instant coffee and lots of power bars. (YUK!) Just one of those "hey lets go weekends"

DSC02280.jpg

Which MSR stove do you use? I've used XGK-IIs for most trips and a pocket rocket for ultralite backpacking.

big sky trapper

Adventurer
its an older whisperlite. will burn just about anything you can run through it. my second favorite is a really old colman peak one that uses the small canisters. one day i would like to try both of those you mentioned. Ive heard there raly good.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
This is a fun thread.

Couple more of my campsite pics.

1) Me in camp on a misty morning in Baja March 2004
2) Boy Scout Canyon Feb 2005 after kayaking in
3) Brian sleeping in his inflatable Baja Dec 2005

KMR

Adventurer
teotwaki said:
Mount McKinley at 14k camp. I used a Black Diamond Megamid tent as the roof, snow blocks for walls and a snow pit with bench seating. This was the best cook tent we had on the mountain.

Haha, here is my view of your camp. I think yours deserves more credit though. :bowdown:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
UTAH+459.jpg

Lead photo - Lockhart Basin, Canyonlands NP, Utah

Attached -
#1 - Madison River in Montana
#2 - Sunlight Basin in Wyoming
#3 - Bear Lake in Idaho
#4 - Interior in Colorado

articulate

Expedition Leader
teotwaki said:

Excellent and classic. I like the camp shots that show what it's all "about."

people_i_like.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I'll bet they were warmer on Mt. McKinley in a snow cave than we were around that campfire in Death Valley.

Thank God for Feuerzangenbowle! :coffeedrink:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
KMR said:
Haha, here is my view of your camp. I think yours deserves more credit though. :bowdown:

oh no I don't. You were down there where the bears roam!!! :REOutShootinghunter :yikes:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Ursidae69 said:
This is a fun thread.

Couple more of my campsite pics.

1) Me in camp on a misty morning in Baja March 2004
2) Boy Scout Canyon Feb 2005 after kayaking in
3) Brian sleeping in his inflatable Baja Dec 2005

Brian is a frigging genius. That is mighty impressive.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Taboose Pass, Sierra Nevada around 11k feet I think..near the end of a 40 mile hike. I love that little MSR one-man tent

White Rim Trail near Moab, Utah

C'mom you guys! Post more! I love seeing where all of you have gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior