campsite pics..lets see um

teotwaki

Excelsior!
goodtimes said:
Yea,...maybe. But there is a downside to sleeping below nose level of the local camp mongeral. ;)

Dat ain't no mongrel! You are forgetting Velvet The Wonder Dog who kept those boneheads on Mount Hood alive.
capt.ordr11702200045.mount_hood_climbers_ordr117.jpg

Brian is merely being rescued by a Canine Lifeguard. :exclaim:

7wt

Expedition Leader
Pics from my Borrego trip this weekend. Just tesing out my new Big Agnes Seedhouse and Mystic 15. Good stuff on both accounts!
AnzaBorrego6017.jpg

AnzaBorrego6019.jpg

Studying for my Tech while eating a toasted turkey and cheese sammich made on my Simmerlite.
AnzaBorrego6014.jpg

AnzaBorrego6013.jpg

Last edited:

offroadchef

Adventurer
94-RUNNER said:
Those are called limb risers. When you are in areas that have heavily overgrown trails it helps to keep the limbs and branches off your vehicle and windshield and gives you a less obstructed view.

.....Tucker

Not what I thought they were for. nice idea

thanks

Super Doody

Explorer
7wt said:
Pics from my Borrego trip this weekend. Just tesing out my new Big Agnes Seedhouse and Mystic 15. Good stuff on both accounts!
AnzaBorrego6017.jpg

AnzaBorrego6019.jpg

Studying for my Tech while eating a toasted turkey and cheese sammich made on my Simmerlite.
AnzaBorrego6014.jpg

AnzaBorrego6013.jpg

Man, I thought I was a procrastinator when ti comes to studying :sombrero: Looks fun though. And the sleeping bag sure looks cozy. :REOutCampFire03:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
BajaTaco said:
Cool! I have one of those too...

L_Dcp00826.jpg

Nice pic Chris. :ylsmoke: Here is another from that same canyon when I went in 05. I want to go back this fall, maybe early October. Now that I have my own kayak I want to launch at Willow Springs and come up that way. No permits or outfitters to deal with. Meet ya there? :beer: :beer:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Juniper Canyon_Big Bend National Park, before they removed this campsite.

_DSC0261.jpg

North side of Big Bend ('94 Montero)
112_06.jpg

Ouachita National Forest_Arkansas
_DSC0650.jpg

Last edited:

pismo62

Adventurer
Miranda Pine, Central Coast

Long time reader, finally adding a post. Great website! This is a liitle spot between Santa Maria and New Cuyama , that we hit after christmas. :camping:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Campsite Pics!

Post up your campsite pics!

This is Yosh's first time out camping in America. She couldn't find the fascination behind going out and sitting in the dirt.. when she came from her country where people lived out in the dirt. She thought us americans were silly! Now she's just as addicted as me! She no longer wears the funny socks with sandals! She also doesn't need a campground with facilities, she can do primitive camping. I've broken her in bigtime! Or ruined her! However you wanna look at it! All within 1 year of camping!

2268988420034696539czmkjh7.jpg

OS-Aussie

Adventurer
The tourist trap that is Saline Valley and their hot springs
normal_HPIM1302.JPG

Hole in the wall on the Majove Road
w_FH000015.jpg

Alturas back country for afternoon tea
normal_HPIM0787.JPG

Dusy trail (can't see the tent)
S5300015.JPG

The tent in disarray after a Tassy Devil stole my wife's socks (Cradle Mountain - Australia)
normal_DSCN0094.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online