Can I import this Defender 110 into California?

dcproven

Adventurer
No, that is for diesel cars sold originally in California, despite the 25 year rule applied in a lot of places, CARB will require testing if you vehicle is diesel and newer that 79 for the first registration here.
That's what I understand anyway, laws regarding import of vehicles from elsewhere are confusing at best...

psykokid

Explorer
Would it be easier/possible to import into BC, register it, then import into US? Is Oregon or Washington a possibility if California is unique.

Yes, California is definitely unique in this case. I'd say Washington or Oregon would be a better fit for direct importing. A couple of the guys in the northwest on defendersource bring in older trucks and register them no problem.

Belkcoyote

Land Rover defender 1988

Hello,
I would like to import a Land Rover defender turbo diesel year 1988 here in California. I was told I have to spend $15,000.00 to meet the Californian requirements. Is this number realistic?
Can you tell me your thoughts?
Thank you
Pat

If the production date of the truck is 25 years or older yes you can bring it into CA due to the lack of diesel emissions standards in those years. If you need help send me a pm and I'll get you to the guys who specialize in this area here in CA.

Belkcoyote

Land river defender turbo diesel

Thank you for your Help.
I am living not to far from Anahem too. Rancho Santa Margarita.
So you know somebody who can help me . Let me know.
Here is my e-mail: belkmisc@hotmail.com
Cell: 949-285-0503
Kindly
Pat

If the production date of the truck is 25 years or older yes you can bring it into CA due to the lack of diesel emissions standards in those years. If you need help send me a pm and I'll get you to the guys who specialize in this area here in CA.

DividingCreek

Explorer
I recently imported (February) a diesel 1989 110 that was able to be titled in Ca by the new owner this spring. Guess its who and what you know.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998