Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Ordered the Metalcloak JKU center seat support bracket. I was really surprised that Jeep didn't even think about supporting the rear center seat in the JKU!

I am in talks with a shop right now about labor costs for the AEV lift and bumpers. I should be getting some real work done in a few weeks!:ylsmoke:

DougC

Observer
You'll really like the AEV lift and bumpers. If you are close to San Antonio, check out Bikini Offroad. They added sliders (with rivnuts) to my Jeep for a fair price. They love jeeps and are family owned.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
You'll really like the AEV lift and bumpers. If you are close to San Antonio, check out Bikini Offroad. They added sliders (with rivnuts) to my Jeep for a fair price. They love jeeps and are family owned.

I'm getting really excited for when I get everything ordered. Nice! I need rock sliders for sure, but I don't know when I am going to buy a set. I am getting the front, rear bumpers, possibly a winch, and the lift done first. I plan to wear out my tires I've got on my Sahara. Hopefully will re-visit more expensive mods like wheels, tires, and sliders around the summer of 2016.

Thanks for the tip!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Finally got my Austin Jeep People shield today and I love it!

Reppin AJP up in here!
EcMLWOQ.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So I am about to pull the trigger on an AEV premium front bumper and I am going ahead and getting a winch. I can't really justify getting a Warn 9.5 because I don't offroad as much as I should.

I am really interested in the new Quadratec Q9500is winch but it states that "Not compatible with Jeep Wrangler COD or Moab Edition." Which have the tubeless AEV front bumper.

Has anyone tried this combo? Is it possible? I would really hope so.

BCobe

Adventurer
So I am about to pull the trigger on an AEV premium front bumper and I am going ahead and getting a winch. I can't really justify getting a Warn 9.5 because I don't offroad as much as I should.

I am really interested in the new Quadratec Q9500is winch but it states that "Not compatible with Jeep Wrangler COD or Moab Edition." Which have the tubeless AEV front bumper.

Has anyone tried this combo? Is it possible? I would really hope so.

I do not know if that combo would work but maybe try emailing QTec or AEV? I have only dealt with QTec's customer service once but it was a pretty good experience and they were very helpful.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I do not know if that combo would work but maybe try emailing QTec or AEV? I have only dealt with QTec's customer service once but it was a pretty good experience and they were very helpful.

I'll try to call Quadratec about it today. I believe AEV is closed until the 4th so I'll have to wait.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I am trying to go to a Jeep event on the 15th and in preparation I'm going to try to get the lift and bumpers done ASAP.

One of the things I have gone ahead and ordered was the DIY Differential breathers that @grecy wrote up for his Africa expedition JK.

Will get the new breathers installed when the lift is put on. I'm getting pretty excited!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Great news!

I went out to Jones Jeep in Marble Falls and put a parts deposit down for the AEV 2.5" lift, AEV front and rear bumpers, and geometry correction brackets!

I am thrilled right now! Once the order has been sent by Jones Jeep and AEV has sent the parts, I should get a spot for install by late January/ early February.

I've already got my DIY dif-breather kit ready for when the lift gets installed.

Will report back when more happens. :sombrero:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Lift and bumpers

I FINALLY got my 2.5" lift from AEV and front and rear steel bumpers installed by Jones Jeep in Marble Falls and picked it up today.

All I can say is WOW! The suspension handles great and is a huge improvement over the stock suspension. The Bilstein shocks and new coils really help to smooth out the ride on the road. I also had some wheel spacers added for stance and to help widen the track a little but. I think it looks great! I also went for the optional geometry correction brackets and what a difference they made! When I slam on the brakes the Jeep doesn't nose dive anymore, it stays level! For a $100 it was very worth it.

The bumpers are awesome! AEV is quality and you can tell in these pieces. They do weigh a bit and I could tell when I was driving but after a while you can't tell the difference. The rear bumper is where I was really impressed. The departure angle is greatly increased compared to the stock bumper and I love the fact that it has an integrated 5 gallon water tank. I need to buy the water pump but other wise from that I am greatly impressed.

I will post some before and after pictures to show the difference in the suspension.

qSLtU6N.jpg

pSbxNRI.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Looks good! I really like AEV's stuff but its a little out of my price range.

Thank you! Yea trust me its hard to part out so much money but I felt comfortable with the knowledge that they are quality parts. Especially that they front bumper can take an animal hit and my Jeep isn't totaled.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
The stance looks perfect! :victory:

Great work, and yeah, AEV really is nice quality stuff. Sometimes things cost more because they do. Nice to see companies that put excellent quality into their products.
Have you considered going with an electric pump, instead of the the "kit"?
Reason I ask is with a quick couple curly hose and a spray nozzle, it would be super functional for all kinds of things. Like water fights at the campsite. :) :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior