Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Too band Jones Jeeps replaced your AJP shield. That said, the jeep turned out very nice!

I told them too. TBH the AJP shield was an impulse buy and I should have been thinking about the size and color.

I will probably get another one but the smaller version and in black.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
The stance looks perfect! :victory:

Great work, and yeah, AEV really is nice quality stuff. Sometimes things cost more because they do. Nice to see companies that put excellent quality into their products.
Have you considered going with an electric pump, instead of the the "kit"?
Reason I ask is with a quick couple curly hose and a spray nozzle, it would be super functional for all kinds of things. Like water fights at the campsite. :) :beer:

Thank you! The suspension drives great and the geo-correction brackets make it brake flatter than west texas! Lol.

What do you mean about the electric pump? I don't have the water pump for the rear tank yet, it didn't come with the bumper.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Thank you! The suspension drives great and the geo-correction brackets make it brake flatter than west texas! Lol.

What do you mean about the electric pump? I don't have the water pump for the rear tank yet, it didn't come with the bumper.

There is a hose that joins the two tanks. That hose can be cut, and a "T" installed, so that a standard RV pump can be plumbed in. There is no "kit" to do this mod, but if you talk to the guys at Jones, they may be able to do this for you.
I'd be willing to bet someone on this forum has already done this. So might be worth searching to see.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
There is a hose that joins the two tanks. That hose can be cut, and a "T" installed, so that a standard RV pump can be plumbed in. There is no "kit" to do this mod, but if you talk to the guys at Jones, they may be able to do this for you.
I'd be willing to bet someone on this forum has already done this. So might be worth searching to see.

Thats a pretty cool idea! I like it but I don't think I could really justify the time into doing the mod. I don't do overland trips at all right now but I am planing maybe 2 in the summer and then its back to school. Maybe one to MOAB and then to New Mexico.

I'm single, don't have a family, so for me the AEV water pump is the way to go. :)

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Thats a pretty cool idea! I like it but I don't think I could really justify the time into doing the mod. I don't do overland trips at all right now but I am planing maybe 2 in the summer and then its back to school. Maybe one to MOAB and then to New Mexico.

I'm single, don't have a family, so for me the AEV water pump is the way to go. :)

Let me know on either and I'll see if my schedule will allow it. Assuming you don't mind a second Jeep for company:elkgrin:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Let me know on either and I'll see if my schedule will allow it. Assuming you don't mind a second Jeep for company:elkgrin:

Hey, never wheel alone am I right? Lol

I'm still not sure about the trips. I would always like to but I will be working in June and I have to do other things in July. Busy summer.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Looking good
Abfgtbg.jpg

I am going to try to get my Diff-breather extensions installed hopefully within the next week. Next mod after that I would hope would be a Cobra 75 CB.

Also need to start looking for rock-sliders.... and an exhaust.... and tires... wheels... The struggle is real :ylsmoke:

Last edited:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Such a clean looking rig! :beer:

Yeah, there is always something else to do. If you hang out around here to see all the cool stuff the uber talented folk do on this forum, the list just keeps growing... :eek:

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Looks great! Super jealous of the front bumper, really want to grab one for my Jeep but I don't have any fun funds left right now :(

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Thanks JJ! After the lift and bumpers I'm pretty devastated also! The struggle is real. Lol

Absolutely! I'm already trying to allocate my fun funds to trailer restore and to Jeep upgrades at this point and don't know what to do lol just wish I had my own garage to work on the trailer in, sucks to see it just sit out without any attention.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
I am going to try to get my Diff-breather extensions installed hopefully within the next week. Next mod after that I would hope would be a Cobra 75 CB.

Also need to start looking for rock-sliders.... and an exhaust.... and tires... wheels... The struggle is real :ylsmoke:

as I'm sure you know you can totally improve performance on a budget.

There's always plenty of Rubi takeoffs on Craigslist or Jeep forums.

The Rubi sliders will take a decent beating. I haven't felt the need to upgrade them on my current build.

I'm a fan of the BFG KMs as well. They'll look a little small with the lift but they'll hook up well in mud & rocks until you can spring for another setup. The black Hardrock wheels would look good on your rig.

delivered by winged monkeys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior